I saw a video the other day for frozen pineapple pops that inspired me to make these beautiful frozen sunflower creations! I love how cute they turned out and how EASY they are to make! These delicious FROZEN pineapple pops require no baking, no mixing, and very little clean up! What more can you ask for in a summer dessert? Even little kids can make these (with parent’s help with the skewer).
Gather ingredients/supplies. Place wax paper on your tray.
What’s the yellow tape for? I thought I was going to use this adorable yellow zig zag tape to decorate the skewers with. I opted for ribbon instead because green ribbon bows look more like leaves.
Place bamboo skewers through pineapple.
Start with the pointed end and slide all the way to the blunt end of the skewer.
Using scissors, remove the pointed end of the skewer.
Place 1 tbsp of yogurt in the center of the pineapple, top with mini chocolate chips.
Freeze pops for 45-75 minutes. Decorate with ribbon before serving.
More Yogurt! For most of the photos included in this post I was more controlled with my yogurt (I even piped it in with a bag to make sure I didn’t get any yogurt on the pineapple) BUT after eating them we made a second batch with a LOT more yogurt on it!
- 1 can – Sliced Pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup – Yogurt (flavor of choice)
- 1 cup – mini chocolate chips
- Bamboo Skewers
- Wax Paper
- Ribbon (optional)
- Gather ingredients/supplies.
- Place wax paper on your flat tray.
- Slide bamboo skewers through pineapple. Start with the pointed end and slide all the way to the blunt end of the skewer.
- Using scissors, remove the pointed end of the skewer.
- Place 1 tbsp (or more) of yogurt in the center of the pineapple.
- Top yogurt with mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze pops for 45-75 minutes.
- Decorate with ribbon before serving.