Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “fifth of May”) is a celebration held on May 5. It is celebrated in the United Statesand in Mexico, primarily in the state of Puebla, where the holiday is called El Día de la Batalla de Puebla (English: The Day of the Battle of Puebla). Mexican Americans also often see the day as a source of pride; one way they can honor their ethnicity is to celebrate this day.
Don’t confuse Cinco de Mayo with Mexican Independence Day, which occurs on September 16.
Check out all these amazing recipes from my blogging buddies to celebrate this great day! Which one will you make first?
1. Santa Fe Mini Chimis from Southern Mom Loves
2. Homemade Guacamole from My Un-entitled Life
3. Mexican Corn Chowder from Mommy’s Playbook
4. Shrimp and Avocados enchiladas from Mom Does Reviews
5. Mini Queso Taco Salads from Southern Mom Loves
6. Mexican Street Corn from My Un-entitled Life
7. Quick and yummy Salsa from More From Mom
8. Doritos Taco Bake from My Un-entitled Life
9. Picadillo Mexican Beef Dinner from Saving You Dinero
10. Chicken Tingas Tostadas from Saving You Dinero
11. Tart Pico de Guac from Mom Does Reviews
Be sure to check out the BIGGEST AVOCADO ROUNDUP EVER HERE!
What are you making for Cinco De Mayo? Let me know in the comments.