How to Care for Your Eternity Band to Preserve Its Lasting Beauty
Eternity bands comprise delicate diamonds forming a continuous ring, and they are a perfect symbol of eternal love and commitment. You should take good care of it to keep the grace and sparkle in your eternity band. Here are a few simple but effective ways to take care of your precious eternity band so that it can always look beautiful.
Regular cleaning is often the easiest way to keep an eternity band constantly shining with brilliance. Dust, dirt, oils, etc. will, over time, collect around the setting area of the ring, making the diamond look less bright. The following guidelines can help you in doing home cleaning for eternity bands:
- Mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water in a bowl
- Let your ring soak for about 20 to 30 minutes
- Gently scrub the ring using a soft bristle toothbrush, ensuring you clean its surface and sides
- Rinse under lukewarm water until all soap is removed
- Pat dry with a soft, lint-free cloth
Avoid toothpaste and other harsh chemicals because they damage not only the tiny settings but also cause micro scratches on the metals of rings.
Yearly Expert Checkups
Just like us, who require periodical health checkups at least once yearly, an expert jeweler should also examine your eternity band. An expert can identify loose stones, damaged prongs, or any other areas that might become problematic later.
Additionally, professional cleaning methods, such as steam or ultrasound cleaning, can bring back the sparkle to your diamond wedding bands.
When not in use, store your bands properly to avoid scratches and damage. Store it in a separate compartment of a soft pouch or jewelry box. Also, avoid storing them in moisture-prone areas, which may harm the metal.
Removing During Certain Activities
Avoid wearing your eternity ring during the following activities.
- Exercise or Sports: These activities may cause the ring to be scratched on hard surfaces, or some stones may fall off.
- Household Chores: Most cleaning agents contain chemicals that could cause discoloration to your ring over time.
- Swimming: Saltwater or chlorinated water can damage the ring’s prongs or settings.
Certain precautions can save your precious eternity band from harm during daily wear.
- Put on the Ring Last: While dressing up, you should put on your eternity band last so that it doesn’t come into contact with lotions, makeup, and perfumes that can accumulate on it and dim its sparkle.
- Remove Before Cooking: When cooking, remove your eternity ring, as certain ingredients, such as oil or dough, might stick to the settings, thus lowering the brilliance of the stones.
- Be Mindful: Don’t knock or bang your eternity band against hard surfaces. This will prevent dents or scratches and loosening of the stones.
Different metals and diamonds may require different care to preserve their beauty. For instance, gold may need frequent polishing to remain shining, whereas platinum is not easily scratched but becomes dull with time. Similarly, colored diamonds may have different care requirements as compared to colorless ones. Ask your jeweler how to care for your specific eternity band’s materials properly.
These easy steps will ensure your eternal love ring remains new for longer. After all, it’s not just an ornament but a sign of everlasting love that deserves care and respect.