Berlin, which is the capital of Germany is also the largest city both in population and area as well. The total population of Berlin reaches approximately 3.7 million which makes the city the most populated in the whole European Union.
Berlin is a world standard city of politics, culture, science and even media. Lots of students from various parts of the world come here to study because Berlin has some of the top universities in the world such as The Technical University, Humboldt University and the list just goes on.
Berlin is a city which is also quite famous for tourism. Over lakhs of people from all around the world come here to visit every year. The city also contains three World Heritage Sites, The Museum Island, The Palaces And Parks Of Potsdam and Berlin and The Berlin Modernism Housing Estates.
There are several flight companies that give services to Berlin from several parts of the world, but sometimes people need luxury, comfort, features in their journey as well. Etihad Airways is a company that provides all kinds of luxury at affordable rates also. It is a leading flight company and almost over 95% of people are satisfied with their services.
Berlin is a city where there are several things that you should not miss by any chance. The following is the list of some of the must-visit places in Berlin.
Some Best Places To Visit In Berlin
- The Brandenburg Gate: The Brandenburg Gate is Berlin’s most famous historic place where almost thousands of tourists visit every day. Once it was the symbol of dividing two nations and now it is the symbol of peace and unity. It is basically a sandstone monument that is 26 meters tall. It is the best free-visit place in Berlin.
- The Reichstag: The Reichstag was originally constructed in the year 1894 as the German Empire’s Imperial Diet but in 1933 it was burned fully. But after rebuilding it for 10 years, in 1999 it was again established as the German Parliament till date. The highlighting point of this building is its dome made with glass which gives an excellent view and especially during the nighttime. You can visit this place to experience the sheer architecture and rich history.
- Berlin’s Television Tower: Despite its age, celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2020 only, the 368-meter-tall tower has lost its charm and also attracting the tourists also does not dip down at all. It was constructed in 1970 and till now it is the 3rd largest stand-alone structure in the world and over 60 million people visited till date. The tower also consists of a revolving restaurant as well.
- The Humboldt Forum: This is one of the most famous attraction points of Museum Island, constructed in the year 2019. This has already become a famous place for tourists because it seeks Berlin’s two of the most prominent museum collections, the Museum of Asian Art Museum and the Museum of Ethnography which now you can visit under a single roof, The Humboldt Forum. Inside you can also find a shop and two restaurants as well.
- Museum Island: In-between Kupfergraben and River Spree is this Spree Island, famously known as Museum Island is the city’s most famous UNESCO world heritage site consisting of all prominent museums including the Old Museum, built in the year 1830.
- German Historical Museum: Established in the year 1897, it is the best place for people who love to know about the rich history of the country. That is why there are many exhibitions that take place, you can take part in them. Inside the museum, you can find old military amours, vests, uniforms and weapons.
- The Berlin Wall Memorial: This wall was constructed in 1961 to prevent people from running away from East Germany to West Germany. Back then the wall covered a total of 155 km dissecting 55 streets and along with it 57 bunkers and 293 observation towers were also constructed. Now only a 1.4 km wall is standing with graffiti all around. It is also a must-visit place to encounter sad history.
- Checkpoint Charlie Museum: This is a famous checkpoint between East and West Berlin. It attracts several tourists because here you can find numerous artifacts and displays about human rights history, and also about the Berlin Wall and Checkpoint Charlie.
Berlin is a city where you can never ending places, buildings and museums to watch. But among all these above-mentioned areas you should surely visit in your next Berlin trip.