Have you accidentally deleted some of your photos on your PC? Well, most of us have been there at least once in our life. When this happens, we basically feel panic and start looking for ways to get the deleted photos back.
With the advancement in data recovery solutions, there are now photo recovery tools you can use to recover lost or deleted photos on your Windows PC. These tools scan your drives to find your lost photos, let you view your photos, and then help you save those photos back to your storage.
Here are some of the photo recovery software tools to try in 2021.
1. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
One of the fears while trying to recover your photos is not being able to find all the photos that you want to recover. If this is the case with you, worry not as there is a data recovery software free recover all the lost photos on your PC and lets you recover them to your drives.
The tool has support for many types of images, and you can even use it to recover your RAW photo files. As if that is not enough, you can even preview your photos so that you know exactly what you are going to recover.
- Recover photos even from the formatted partition
- Preview photo files before recovering them
- Recover data from external storage devices
- Start restoring data even while the scan is running
- Advanced scan and recovery algorithms
- Filter your files by their types
- Import and export your search results
- Find files by tags
Compatibility: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP
How to Recover Photos on a Windows PC Using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
There are not dozens of screens you need to go through to recover your photos. Here we show how you use this easy to use tool to quickly and efficiently get your photos back.
Step 1. Select the Source Location for Your Photos
Open the program on your PC and it will ask you to choose the drive that you want to scan for your lost photos. Click the drive where your photos were previously stored, and the tool will scan it for you.
Step 2. Scan Your PC for Lost Photos
Allow the tool to finish scanning your drive to find all your recoverable photos. Once the scanning is done, you can start filtering your files so that only photos appear on the screen.
Step 3. Preview and Recover Photos on Your PC
Click the photos you would like to recover and you will be able to preview them. Then, hit “Recover” in the bottom-right to start recovering your photos.
- High success rate for photo recovery
- Recover photos even from hidden partitions
- The free version only recovery data 2GB
2. Picture Doctor
If you are unable to access your photos on your Windows PC because the photos are corrupted, you need a photo repair tool and not a photo recovery tool. In this case, Picture Doctor could be a good choice for you. Using this tool, you can repair your corrupt JPEG as well as PSD photos on your Windows PC.
When it comes to PSD, you can actually preserve the layers of your file when restoring it. Your restored photos use BMP as the image format, however, you can change this format to whatever you prefer at a later time. The tool supports batch image processing as well.
- Fix both JPEG and PSD photos
- Support for bulk photo repairing
- Easy to use
- You cannot recover photos with this tool
- It only repairs JPEG and PSD files
- The software does not get regular updates
3. File Repair
File Repair is actually a generic tool that allows you to fix many kinds of files on your PC, including image files. If you choose to go for this tool, keep in mind you can only repair your photos and not find any deleted photos on your PC.
Although the software works great in most cases, it sometimes fails to repair many file types. This is worth noting if you are going to rely on this tool to fix your important photos on your computer.
- Fix many file types and not just photos
- A single click to repair your damaged photos
- Quick and easy
- Not a stable tool to fix photos
- Cannot find deleted or lost photos
- Low success rate
4. JPEG Recovery Professional
JPEG Recovery Professional, as the name suggests, is a tool you can use to repair JPEG file types on your Windows computer. Although the name says recovery, it cannot help you recover your lost photos. Instead, it helps you fix your damaged photos that are currently unopenable on your PC.
It saves your restored photos in the BMP format, and you can later convert this into another format if you would like. Also, if you have several photos to fix, you can get them all processed using the bulk fix option.
- Easily repair your damaged JPEG photos
- Support for batch photo processing
- Preserve the original quality of your photos
- It cannot recover lost photos
- Only works with JPEG photos
- You cannot convert photos to other formats using this tool
A good thing about the PixRecovery software is that it allows you to preserve the original file format for your photos when you use the tool to repair your photos. Again, this tool does not help with data recovery but it helps with repairing broken photos that are stored on your Windows computer.
You can use the tool to import all your damaged photos, click a few buttons to fix those photos, and then save those photos in either BMP or the original format of your photos.
- Support for many photo formats
- RAW format is supported
- Preserve the original photo format
- Cannot recover deleted photos
- Does not work with progressive JPEG files
- The free version has limited features
While there are many photo recovery software for Windows, you should only pick the ones that have proven to do their job. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free should definitely be your go-to choice, thanks to the ease of data recovery it provides. The other programs are good as well if you would like to use them.