Looking for a great new way to make chicken? Try this delicious Orange-Cranberry Chicken Breast Recipe. The whole family will love it!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
2 T. coconut oil
2 lbs. bone-in chicken breasts, with skin
1½ t. fresh sage, chopped
1½ t. fresh thyme leaves
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
½ c. fresh (or frozen) cranberries
2 T. freshly squeezed orange juice
2 T. honey, preferably local
¼ t. ground cinnamon
½ t. ground ginger
¼ t. ground cloves
1/8 t. ground nutmeg
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°
- Melt the coconut oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with sage, and thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place seasoned chicken in hot skillet skin-side down and cook until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes, or until it releases easily from the bottom of the pan. Turn the chicken and continue cooking another 4-5 minutes on the remaining side.
- While the chicken is browning, add the cranberries, orange juice, honey, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg to a small saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring it to a gentle boil. Cook until the cranberries pop open and the sauce becomes slightly thickened, around 4-5 minutes.
- Pour the orange-cranberry sauce over the browned chicken and transfer the skillet into the pre-heated oven. Roast until the chicken is fully cooked through and the sauce is bubbly, around 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 160°*
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken to a serving platter. Cover loosely and let rest for 5 minutes before serving topped with the warm orange-cranberry pan sauce and your choice of sides. Enjoy!*Internal temperature will continue to rise to 165°F as it rests.