This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
It’s time to eduCAT yourself!
There’s nothing wrong with being a crazy cat lady with 15 cats and litter boxes in every room. Just be sure you eduCAT yourself on the best product to keep your kitties health! A healthy cat is a happy cat!
The One Stop Cat Shop at Walmart is your go-to place for all-things cat, including food, treats and litter. Not only is it a convenient one-stop shop, but it’s also a great place to stock up and get a great value. And right now, you can earn special Shopkick offers on participating Purina brands at Walmart.
If you have a cat, you know they can be picky eaters- almost as picky as your toddler! So what do you do? Should you feed them Wet food or Dry Food? Here are a few things I have learned over the years with my cats.
Should I feed my cat Dry Food?
Myth: Dry Food will make my cat fat. Some dry food is filled with unnecessary carbs, which are almost impossible for cats to process (they don’t produce amylase, an enzyme which helps humans digest their food).
Truth: Purina Cat Chow Naturals Grain Free Plus Vitamins & Minerals adult dry cat food provides something you both can love. It has a delicious taste cat’s love and the nutrition they need,
- Made with real chicken
- Grain-free dry cat food
- No artificial colors, flavors or preservatives
- High-quality protein to help support strong muscles
- Offers 100% complete and balanced nutrition for adult cats
What about Canned food?
My mom always said canned cat food was like junk food for cats. I have to disagree. Purina Fancy Feast is 100% complete and balanced cat food! Canned cat food also helps keep your pet hydrated. Urinary tract issues often stem from dehydration—even if you’re giving your cat plenty of water. In the wild, cats stay hydrated through the food they eat instead of what they drink. Cats are used to ‘eating’ their water—but most wet foods don’t have nearly enough hydration to keep them satisfied
- 100% complete and balanced gourmet canned cat food
- Contains three different wet cat food recipes for added variety in your cat’s diet
- Smooth pate texture tempts her to her dish
- Essential vitamins and minerals to help support her health
- Delicious flavor cats love
Maybe your cat needs a treat- yes they are allowed treats, just like dogs!
Need even more EduCATion? Check out the One Stop Cat Shop Hub on Walmart.com!
What should I feed my kitten?
Kittens need a complete and balanced diet that’s optimized for their life stage. Look for “kitten” on the label to be sure you’re providing the nutrition your kitten needs.
When should I switch from kitten food to cat food?
As a general rule, cats who are less than one year of age are considered kittens. It is important to feed your pet a kitten formula up to one year.
How often should I change my cat litter?
Cats appreciate good litter habits and they will usually let you know if their boxes aren’t being kept to their standards. Avoid messes and unsavory smells by following these simple tips:
Here are some other reasons cats might seem extra picky:
- A cat may actually have trouble eating from a bowl that is too small or too light. If the bowl moves too much, your cat may find it not worth the effort. And some cats don’t like where their food bowl is placed – try simply changing its location.
- If you have other cats or pets, other animals may intimidate your cat. A cat may find it difficult to eat from a bowl placed near a dog’s bed, near a noisy appliance or near a busy area of the house. Some cats will wait until a room is completely empty before eating. Many dogs will instinctively try to eat cat food when it is placed down.
- And consider how long a bowl of cat food has been left out – food left out overnight or in hot weather may be unappetizing to your cat. And cats – even indoor cats – tend to eat less in warm weather.