Don’t miss these super cute Honey BeeHive Cookies!
If you have a Winnie the Pooh fan in your home, they will LOVE these SWEET cookies!
Growing up, everyone loved Winnie the Pooh, silly little bear. His antics and his friends kept us laughing and loving all the characters. Of course, we know that Pooh LOVED honey so these BeeHive Cookies are the perfect treat in our Winnie the Pooh Themed posts.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
- 3 C flour
Cookie cutter: Beehive
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, almond extract and egg and mix until combined
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and cream of tarter. Mix until combined
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until combined
- Lightly flour a cutting board and begin to knead the dough until the dough is smooth
- Roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thick
- Using the cookie cutter, cut out the shapes and place onto the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes
- Pull out of the oven and cool completely
Royal Icing ingredients:
- 3 egg whites
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- two piping bags fitted with the number 2 tip
- Golden yellow and Black gel food coloring
- 2 bowls to mix the colors in
- 2 Squeeze bottles for the thinned icing
- Bee icing transfers (Found at hobby lobby)
- Using the standing mixer, combine the powder sugar, egg whites, cream of tarter and vanilla and mix on medium speed
- If the royal icing is still a yellow soup, add in 1/2 C powder sugar
- Continue to mix until you get stiff peaks
- Divide the icing between the two bowls
- Add a few drops of the Golden yellow food coloring and mix until combined
- Scoop some of the icing into a piping bag
- Mix in about 1 1/2 tbsp water into the remaining golden yellow icing color and pour into a squeeze bottle
- Add in about 4-6 drops of the black gel food coloring into the second icing bowl and mix until combined
- Scoop some black icing into the second piping bag
Mix in 1 1/2 tbsp water to thin out the black icing. Pour the icing into the second squeeze bottle.
Using the black piping bag, pipe the outline of the entrance to the beehive.
Fill in with the thinned black icing.
Using the golden yellow piping bag, pipe the outlines of the beehive.
Using the thinned golden yellow icing, alternately fill in parts of the beehive and allow to dry for 3 hours before filling in the remaining openings.
- Allow the cookies to dry for 3 more hours.
- Using the golden yellow piping bag, pipe a dollop of icing onto the bottom of the bee icing transfers and then place the bee’s onto the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to dry for an hour before enjoying!
Who is your favorite Winnie the Pooh Character?