This hearty salad can serve as a satisfying light main course on its own – or it can be paired with another low-carb entree, such as Garlic-Herb Roasted Chicken and some streamed broccoli for a more well-rounded meal.
This is one of my hubby’s favorite salads! He loves the homemade blue cheese dressing and hard boiled eggs. Of course, everything is better with bacon too!
Tip: For best results, prepare the homemade blue cheese dressing the night before to give the flavors a chance to blend.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: n/a
- 2 T. avocado mayonnaise
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 T. Greek yogurt
- 2 T. full fat sour cream
- 1 t. garlic salt
- Sea salt and black pepper, to tast
- 2-3 T. half & half (optional)
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 3 strips sugar-free bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- To make the blue cheese dressing, combine the avocado mayonnaise, blue cheese, Greek yogurt, sour cream, and garlic salt in a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl. Stir enough half & half into the blue cheese mixture to reach the desired consistency. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, place each wedge of iceberg lettuce onto individual chilled serving plates. Drizzle each wedge with some homemade blue cheese dressing, and then top each with an equal amount of avocado, crumbled bacon, chopped hard-boiled eggs, and chopped celery. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Total carbs: 11.6 g
Fiber: 4.9 g
Net carbs: 7.0 g
*Source: VeryWell.com recipe analyzer