Try these Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges with Herbed Coconut Yogurt Dip
If your family loves fries, be sure to make these tasty Sweet Potato Wedges. They are our new favorite side to go with just about any meal.
Curb your cravings for deep fried potatoes or other salty snacks with these delicious, crispy sweet potato wedges. The refreshing herbed coconut yogurt dip is the perfect complement to the spicy seasonings used in this recipe. For even more flavor, mix up the herbed yogurt dip the night before to give the flavors more time to combine and develop.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Tip: For crispier sweet potato wedges, do not salt them until they are done roasting.
2 large sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
2 T. coconut oil, melted
1 t. ground cumin
1 t. curry powder
1 t. smoked paprika
½ t. cayenne pepper
½ t. ground cinnamon
1 c. coconut yogurt
2 t. fresh lemon juice
3 T. fresh dill, minced
3 T. fresh parsley, minced
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and toss to coat.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon. Sprinkle spice mixture over the sweet potato wedges and toss until all wedges are lightly coated.
- Arrange the sweet potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. For crispier wedges, do not overcrowd.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and roast until the sweet potatoes are golden brown and crispy around the edges, around 30-35 minutes. Flip once hallway through the cooking process to brown both sides.
- While the sweet potatoes are roasting, mix the coconut yogurt with the lemon juice, dill, and parsley in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once browned, remove the sweet potato wedges from the oven and sprinkle generously with salt. Let cool slightly before serving with the herbed coconut yogurt dip. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to eat Sweet Potatoes? Let us know in the comments below.