Looking for fun and educational toys for your little boy or girl this year? We love getting them gifts that they can learn with while still enjoying the play time together. So how about a fun dinosaur named Dino, a smart toy for the stocking!
About CogniToys Dino
CogniToys are educational Dino companions that learn and grow with kids. Dinos aren’t personal assistants, they are friends who answer questions, tell stories, practice spelling, play games and even lead guided meditations — all without the need for a screen. The Wi-Fi-enabled Dinos engage kids in interactive conversation and get smarter with each automatic content update.
On average, kids ask 300 questions a day. CogniToys can keep up. The Dinos respond to thousands of questions across multiple triceratopics with age-appropriate answers. CogniToys don’t pull answers directly from Google, so if a child asks a question the Dino doesn’t know, our team writes a kid-friendly answer to be added in a future content update. CogniToys come packed with tons of activities including stories, games, meditations, jokes and more to keep kids entertained for hours on end. By remembering a child’s name and favorite things (colors, animals, sports, etc.), CogniToys provide the kind of personalized play experience every kid deserves.
- Games and Stories Galore – CogniToys are designed to engage kids in educational play. Kids can ask their Dino thousands of questions, practice vocabulary, listen to stories and so much more.
- Easy Set Up – Parents must use the CogniToys App to connect the Dino to Wi-Fi. Once connected, the Dino no longer requires the use of a smartphone for playtime.
- Emotional Intelligence – Dinos don’t just respond, they respond intelligently. If a child says they are scared, the Dino encourages them to speak to an adult they trust. Or, if a child tells the Dino they’re sad, the toy may suggest meditation or listening to a funny joke.
- Personalized – CogniToys try to personalize interactions and can remember what a child shares – such as their name, favorite food or animal, etc. – to customize learning and future conversations.
- Constantly Evolving – CogniToys are cloud-connected, Wi-Fi enabled smart toys, allowing for the play experience to constantly improve and automatically update as new content becomes available.
There’s always that balance between electronics and screen-free time in my house. I know that so many educational toys or resources are done with apps and computers so I don’t want to say no all the time. I think that’s part of the reason I like my kids playing with the CogniToys Dino. He’s a smart toy that responds and even “learns” every time he is brought out to play. My kids like to laugh at his jokes (and of course they remember them all) plus they can listen to music, stories, and just ask all those questions that run around in their head all day long.
Personally, I would set this guy up ahead of time because you have to download the app, put in the batteries, and sync the Dino up to your Wi-Fi network. Then if there are any updates, those will be downloaded and installed. Then he’s ready to play! Now, that is the only “downside” we’ve found with this particular toy is if you aren’t connected to Wi-Fi then the kids can’t really play with him. You can hook him up to your mobile hot spot of course, and as long as you have the app on your smart device, you can always add whatever local network may be available if you’re away from home.
We went with the bright green CogniToys Dino model, but he also comes in blue and pink in case your kid wants a different color. You can even change his name so it doesn’t just have to be Dino either! Be sure to keep extra batteries on hand as he doesn’t charge with a USB cable; he takes 4AA batteries. The app is available for both iOS and Android devices. Don’t miss out on a smart toy for the stocking this year since he is fun all year long!
We’ve added CogniToys to our MEGA Christmas Gift Guide! Check it out here!