Take literacy to the next level with Wonster Words: An award winning ABC, Phonics, and Spelling App!
About Wonster Words
Inspired by Sesame Street, Wonster Words is an award-winning iOS & Android game that helps kids learn to sound out their words. It introduces them to the basic word families and the 44 most common phonemes. In Wonster Words, kids play with animated letters to create words and sound out phonics, gliding vowels, and consonant blends. Once the words are complete, short animations and mini-games share the story of the words via a group of charming Wonster characters!
Watch this preview
The games are set up like puzzles in which the user must drag each letter to it’s place to spell a word. As the player drags the letter, they will hear the phonics sound. Once the word is spelled, Wonster Words will spell each letter of the word and say the word to reinforce the proper spelling and pronunciation. Next, the child will watch a short cartoon skit that acts out the definition of the word. The word is used in a sentence and the definition is shared.
Suitable for ages 3-6, Wonster Words is well-liked by parents and children alike. This educational app has won numerous awards including Parent’s Choice, Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice, National Parenting Product Award, etc.
Wonster Words Features
- Learn the ABC’s and letter sounds
- Fall in love with the adorable Wonster crew as they explore word families, phonemes, digraphs and more
- Silly animations reinforce word definitions in a fun and engaging way
- Over 150 words, 12 word families and 9 original stories
- Encourages exploration and engagement without scoring, quizzing, limits, or stress
- Stories cover popular children’s themes including: birthdays, friendships, outdoors, space, and more
Wonster Words has rolled out some new features just in time for the 2017 Holiday Season. They have added brand new short stories including 5 new story packs that boast over 40 new words! Users will also enjoy playing 5 new letter-based mini-games to help reinforce the new skills they have learned.