Low Carb Cauliflower Hasbrowns
Now you can have your Low Carb and Hashbrowns too!
I am a potato junkie. Seriously… I could have hashbrowns for breakfast, cheesy fries for lunch, a loaded baked potato for supper and I would be one happy mama. My waist on the other hand is such a tattle tale! As I’m closing in on 40, my body is choosing not to hide what I eat as well as it did a decade ago… go figure! Being the potato lover that I am, I’ve had to adapt some of my recipes to be a little more “Forty Friendly”. These Low Carb Cauliflower Hasbrowns are forty friendly and delish!
On this quest to satisfy my carb cravings, I’ve had a few recipes go south on me (shall we observe a moment of silence for the kale chips… I really wanted to like them, honest I did, but wowzers – they were BAD!). When I get a keeper, a keeper that my kids want to eat, that’s chalked full of healthy and passes for potatoes – Now that is something to get excited about! These Cheesy Cauliflower Hasbrowns are da bomb y’all!
You can get a printable version of this recipe at the bottom of the post, so keep on a scolling!
- Riced Cauliflower (I got the Birds Eye that was already riced for me – YAY!)
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- One Egg
- 1/3 Sweet Onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tblsp. Paprika
- 1/2 Stick of butter (not pictured – give me a break, I was running on NO coffee!)
Put a couple of pats of butter in pan and melt
Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
Stir until mixture is coated pretty good with the egg.
Place heaping spoonfuls into buttered pan.
Let it get good and brown before flipping or it’ll fall apart on ya’ (about 3-5 minutes). Flip gingerly.
Cook on other side for another 3-5 minutes and Enjoy!
I’m telling you these things are GOOD! My little princess has turned her cute little nose up at just about every other cauliflower recipe I’ve made (except for my cauliflower breadsticks – recipe coming soon!!) but she asked for seconds on these bad boys!
And I’ll leave you with this:
What do you get if you cross a dog with a daisy?
You’re welcome! Let me know what you’re favorite cauliflower recipe is!
And just so you know, these hasbrowns are better than my jokes! 😉
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 1 Bag of Riced Cauliflower
- 1½ C of Shredded Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Paprika
- ⅓ Sweet Onion
- 1 Egg
- ½ Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put a couple of pats of butter in pan and melt
- Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir until mixture is coated pretty good with the egg.
- Place heaping spoonfuls into buttered pan.
- Let it get good and brown before flipping or it'll fall apart on ya' (about 3-5 minutes). Flip gingerly.
- Cook on other side for another 3-5 minutes.