Much of my family suffers from severe allergies and the Himalayan Salt Lamp, that has been on since it arrived, is changing that! It lets off a beautiful soothing orange glow that can be left on while we sleep without being disruptive.
The Himalayan Salt Lamp is currently in our bedroom creating a lovely glow. While it sits looking so nice, it is also helping provide cleaner air for us to breathe. I can already tell a marked difference within my own sleep pattern and with my husband’s nighttime allergies.
Beauty meets function with this Himalayan Salt Lamp.
The Himalayan Salt Shop is a small American business started in 2005 by Ernest Gaglione of New Jersey. The Salt Lamps are mined from a top quality site in the Khewra Mine in Pakistan. This site is known to possess the largest reserves of Himalayan salt, and the salt is of the utmost quality.
What you want to know!
The Himalayan Salt Shop proudly carries the highest quality Himalayan Salt Lamps on the market. They guarantee total customer satisfaction.
These lamps provide many benefits:
- They are made of natural crystal salt mined in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains.
- The salt crystals are mounted onto a wooden base.
- The beautiful red orange crystal is millions of years old, so it has special properties and high mineral content.
- Heat from the bulb releases negative ions from the salt lamp.
- Negative ions bond with pollutants in the air and neutralize them.
- Negative ions when bonded pull the pollutants down and remove them from circulation
- Negative ions combat electro-smog, which is caused by operating electronic devices in the home.
- The effect of these products can cause a decrease in symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses.
- The salt crystals clean the air naturally, and look beautiful while doing it.
These Himalayan Salt Lamps are becoming very popular in the United States, but they have been popular in Asia and Europe for centuries. The cleansing properties of salt have been known since ancient times when it was used to preserve food. It was so valuable during those times that it was was also used as currency, and paid to Roman soldiers. — Did you know? The act of paying the Roman Soldiers Himalayan Salt is where the word “salary” comes from?
These Salt Lamps are mined, then sent to local artisans who handcraft them. Some shapes are created with lathes to mold the salt into the various forms. Then a hole is drilled into the center and the rosewood base is screwed on. Afterwards, the Himalayan Salt Lamps are boxed and transported to the United States.
Please know, NO child labor goes into any level of these beautiful, natural works of art.
The Himalayan Salt Lamp is gorgeous even when not turned on. It truly is a beautiful addition to any room of the house. The light installs into the center very easily and the directions were very clear.
I like that I can clean it with a damp cloth, as I was worried cleaning such a beautiful, natural, piece would be difficult.
The best bonus is: you are able to leave it on all the time to continually purify the air!
I love them all and really cannot decide if I like the natural style or the ones shaped like half spheres topped with smaller salt crystals best. Which one is your favorite?
Visit the Himalayan Salt Shop to learn more.
Himalayan Salt Lamps are also featured on the
2015 Mom Does Reviews Christmas Gift Guide!
Visit the guide to find more great gifts for your family!