“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. “
What is the Whole Life Challenge?
The Whole Life Challenge will help you shape the 7 Daily Habits essential for your well-being. By taking the components of an exceptional quality of life, and boiling them down to simple daily habits, they present a framework for living your life … uniquely and excellently.
For the next 56 days, organize your life around the WLC 7 Daily Habits:
- Eat by the WLC rules you choose at the level that is right for you. Make conscious choices that support your vision for a healthy lifestyle. Earn up to 5 points daily for nutrition.
- Exercise for at least 10 minutes each day. We recommend 3-5 “workouts” each week. The other days you’ll earn your points by being active. Ride your bike, surf, hike, even take an invigorating walk at sunset. This is your time to move daily. You earn 2 points for exercise.
GO HERE to learn more!
The first Lifestyle practice, starting Saturday, May 2, is to eat at least one vegetable at each meal—breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Every day of week 1, starting on Saturday, May 2, and ending Friday, May 8, you will earn lifestyle points for eating veggies in some form at each of your main meals.
- You will need to eat a serving of vegetables at each of the three main meals to receive credit
- You do not have to eat a serving of vegetables in your snacks
- Veggies can be raw or cooked, mixed in or flying solo
- You don’t have to go overboard. Adding vegetables can be as simple as adding sautéed onions or mushrooms to your steak or your eggs
Did you know that kale has as much calcium as milk? That cauliflower and red peppers are good sources of 0mega 3 fatty acids? And that you can get a dose of Vitamin D from certain mushrooms? The nutrients that are usually associated with milk, fish, and eggs are surprisingly available to you in the produce aisle of the supermarket.
Need help? Visit WLC Veggie Pinterest page to find recipes like these Sweet Potato Tater Tots.
I just started my Whole Life Challenge! I will keep you updated!
What areas in your life need challenging?