Shortly after our youngest was born my husband made Alfredo pasta and destroyed it. He took the empty jar of sauce, filled it three-fourth of the way with milk, shook it, and poured it in with the rest. This completely ruined the consistency and flavor…. poor guy. He tried so hard to be helpful by cooking dinner. As I tried to come up with compliments, the best thing I could come up with was …
“I bet this would make a great soup!”
My brain stirred with ideas for several minutes when I remembered that I had recently found a recipe for Parmesan Tortellini Bites. I knew this appetizer would be the perfect addition to this soup I was creating in my head – oh my! Was I ever right!
I followed the recipe for the appetizer as best as I could. My Parmesan wasn’t sticking to the tortellini very well and I had a lot leftover. I baked sprinkles of the leftover breadcrumb and parm mixture atop parchment paper, creating Parmesan crisps.
This entire meal was created from a bunch of cooking accidents and is now a family favorite! The creamy cheese tortellini pops in your mouth and the flavors blend so well together. This is one of those perfect comfort soups that will leave you craving more! If you enjoy food, and take a moment to savor flavors, this is THE SOUP for you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do ~ Victoria
Before you begin, grab the Parmesan Tortellini Bites recipe HERE
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Jars - Alfredo Sauce
- 1½ Cup Half & Half
- 1½ Cup Milk
- Parmesan Crusted Tortellini - Prepared (see recipe in post)
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan (optional)
- Dash Pepper (optional)
- Mince garlic.
- In medium stock/soup/pasta pot, heat olive oil and sautee garlic lightly
- Add Alfredo sauce, half & half, and millk (and pepper)
- Stir frequently until gentle boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, simmer while you prepare Parmesan Crusted Tortellini (see recipe in post)
- Add parmesan crusted tortellini to soup liquid. Stir gently, cover until ready to serve.
- Use leftover breadcrumb and parm mixture to make parmesan crisps.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place small flattened piles of breadcrumb mixture on baking sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until lightly brown.
- Service soup topped with shredded parm alongside Parmesan Crisps or Garlic Bread.