I had the brilliant idea to clean my oven the afternoon before Thanksgiving. I ran the oven cleaning cycle, as one usually does when they have a self cleaning oven, and it did a horrible job. I couldn’t figure out why it didn’t work… until I went to start making the pies later that evening.
The self cleaning cycle, broke my oven!
The night before Thanksgiving
I was in a complete panic. There were three pies on my counter to be cooked and I had no backup. Being new to the area, we couldn’t use a strangers oven to cook our Thanksgiving meal. No nearby family. No nearby anyone. Broken oven on Thanksgiving. Ugh!
In an attempt to save the day, I made several no-bake pies in lieu of the apple and pumpkin that were sitting on my counter. I’m a no-bake lover, but I wasn’t planning on having so many no-bakes to make. To offer a little variety, I came up with this pie from a recipe I had recently pinned on Pinterest. The recipe was for Peanut Butter and Banana Ice Cream Sandwiches. The pie I came up with, is now a new family favorite. Enjoy ~ Victoria
- 1 Cup Crushed Graham Crackers
- ¼ Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4+Bananas - Peeled and Frozen
- ½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup (or more) Whipped Cream
- Slice and Freeze bananas.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate and crushed Graham Crackers.
- Press mixture into pie plate, place in freezer.
- Combine frozen bananas and peanut butter in Food Processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour "ice cream" onto pie crust.
- Freeze pie for one hour.
- Top pie with whipped cream before serving.