Are you trying to figure out what to get someone special in your life for Valentine’s Day? I bet you’ll be tempted to go out shopping for the perfect gift. I know I will! As tempting as it is to shop, it may be wiser to find an inexpensive alternative. Sometimes the best gifts are simply made at home. Making homemade goodies for someone special can say I love you and keep the budget from busting!
Make your Valentine Chocolate Cookie Dough Bites! Besides, what is better than chocolate? Hmm, let’s see, chocolate with peanut butter and chocolate chips? Why, yes please!
Alright moms, you can do this! You probably have some of the ingredients already on hand. These are so yummy. Oh, and they freeze well too. Besides all of that, they are way cheaper than purchasing pre-made candy and chocolates.
While you’re at it, make a double batch by doubling the recipe and put them in a Ziploc bag in your freezer for up to two months. You’ll be delighted over how easy this recipe for Chocolate Cookie Dough Bites is to make! My 12 year old daughter made these all by herself!
- 2 packages of chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of peanut butter
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugars and butter.
- Add peanut butter and pure vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Combine the flour mixture with the butter/peanut butter mixture.
- Fold in one cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop out small amounts with a teaspoon and roll into bite sized balls.
- Place a toothpick into each bite for dipping.
- Put bites onto wax paper and freeze for 30 - 45 minutes.
- Next, melt remaining chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl at one minute intervals, stopping to stir each time until creamy.
- Dip bites into chocolate and return to wax paper.
- Allow to cool and serve!