- 8 ounces American Heritage Chocolate Block
- 1 1/2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- Beat egg yolks in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or in a glass bowl in a microwave at 50% power for 3-5 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Heat 1 cup whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until hot. Gradually stir at least half of the hot whipping cream into egg yolk mixture; stir back into hot cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens (do not boil). Stir in melted chocolate. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, just until chilled.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream in chilled medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream. Pipe or spoon mixture into serving bowls. Immediately refrigerate any remaining dessert after serving.
Recipe adapted from BettyCrocker.com