The sources of stress are everywhere. Our nowadays life is a constant stream of decisions, which we make under a great pressure. It causes everyday stress, and it is harder to control your emotions and behavior. Stress affects your health, and it is a well-known fact that almost all the diseases are the consequences of uncontrolled emotions.
The causes of stress can be different, no matter how old you are. Today I want to talk about the stress caused by the bad children’s behavior and how to cope with it. Many parents don’t try to control their burst of emotions, when the children make them angry, but they even don’t suspect that this anger can cause your child’s stress either. So, it is very important to be your own man. It is not an easy thing to calm down and here are 7 ways to maintain control.
- One of the best ways to avoid the access of anger is to break down the dialogue with your child. Be wiser and tell him that you just need certain time-out. Don’t say to your child that you are angry because he or she is the worst child in the world, otherwise it can cause his self-esteem and then there will be more serious problems. You can just reply that you are nervous and it is better not to continue the conversation. In this case, your child can probably understand his failure and the problem can disappear on its own. You, in your turn, can think over the right course of behavior.
- During your dialogue just pause for a moment. You can count to 10, to repeat some slogan, for example “Calm down”, “breathe” etc. During the pause you can think about the circumstances of the quarrel and understand what the reason of your anger is. May be you are just tired, and have some problems at work, and reflect your difficulties to your child. In this case, you should rather step aside.
- You can plan your actions for such situation. I will explain. There are periods of the day, when there is a time of anxiety, for example in the evening, when your children come from the school, your husband comes home and everyone is tired and hungry. In this case, you can foresee the situation and design the best way to avoid the scandal.
- Never educate your children when you are angry. Under such circumstances you can strike your child. When you feel such desire, go out of the room as soon as possible, otherwise you can make a huge mistake and destroy the relationships with your dearest child.
- You can also identify the warning sign of anger and don’t continue the conversation until your child calms down. The most typical signs are:
– The voice changes to screaming or even yelling;
– Deep breathing;
– The child clenches his teeth;
– Restlessness and unresponsiveness;
– Rolling the eyes or other unpleasant face expression;
- Think about the things that could help you in the past. Try to imagine the similar situation in the past and find the solution appropriate to the present situation. It can help you because the stress is an unpredictable thing, thus you can be prepared and solve the problem easily.
- Act towards your child only when you are calmed down and confident. There is one secret, remember that when you keep your emotions under control, then your child won’t be nervous too. Compose your own strategy to show your child that there can be the consequences of his misbehavior, and in a calm manner you will achieve the needed result.
So, making up a conclusion, I want you to remember the words “Quick-tempered man acts foolishly”. You see, that you should control your emotions and behavior to avoid your stress as well as the stress of your child. Remember, that you are the creator of your relationships.
Paul Smith works at essay writing services. He is a frank and reliable person. He writes on various topics and will be glad to cooperate with anyone who wants.