With all the responsibilities that women have, adding a workout routine to it all can be a tad bit too taxing. Many times the motivation is just not there. That said, many women know that exercise is very important and that if they can just get going, they will feel better. What they know they need is a kick to get jump started every day. You should consider using pre-workout supplements. These are supplements that are taken before you begin an athletic activity so that you can get the energy, stamina, endurance and strength to go through the whole workout and perform well at it. Unfortunately, there are several misconceptions that keep women from taking advantage of pre-workout supplements.
Here are 5 of the most talked about:
- They are made for men – The truth is that both sexes can benefit greatly from the improved performance and increased energy that come with supplements. When you take supplements, you get that needed motivation to get up and go to the gym or workout at home, whichever you prefer. When picking your supplements, it is important that you find those that have been specifically made for women since they do not contain ingredients that boost testosterone.
- They interfere with sleep – Different people react differently to pre-workout supplements. Some people can take them in the afternoon and sleep great, while others may be challenged. This is because most of these supplements contain caffeine. If you tend to be more sensitive to caffeine, plan to take them earlier and workout in the morning hours so that the effects wear out by evening.
- I will become too hyper – These are made to give you energy and that is the main reason why you should take them before you work out. They won’t make you hyper in a crazy kind of way, but will give you the energy you need to attack that training session and do a great job. If you are concerned with the outcome, it may be better to take half the recommended dosage, and then build on that once you see how it works for you.
- They are not safe – If you read the reviews of any good pre workout supplements website, you will see that they are indeed very safe for women to take. Prior to hitting the market, tests and studies have been carried out to show that the ingredients in these supplements are not harmful to adult females. Of course it is important that you stay within the recommended doses when taking them.
- They will cause me to bulk up – Most women want to look lean and fit without necessarily bulking up and becoming huge. Even though ingredients like createnine help with gaining muscle mass, the diet and the types of exercise routines you engage in have an impact on how fast you will be able to build muscle. It may be a good idea to look for supplements that include weight loss benefits so that you tone your body while losing weight without bulking up.