Are you ready to celebrate our amazing planet and all the wonderful things it provides for us? Earth Day is just around the corner, and it’s the perfect time to show our appreciation and do our part to protect our planet. In this article, we’ll explore some fun and creative ways for kids to celebrate Earth Day and make a positive impact on our environment. For even more fun, print some Earth Day coloring pages as well.
So grab your reusable water bottle, put on your hiking boots, and let’s get started! JK, these coloring pages are a great way to keep kids busy when they can’t get outside!
Print the Earth Day Coloring Pages here!
Here are five fun and creative ways for kids to celebrate Earth Day:
- Start a garden: Planting a garden is a great way to connect with nature and learn about where our food comes from. Kids can start small with a few herbs or vegetables in pots or get their hands dirty with a larger outdoor garden.
- Participate in a community clean-up: Work together with family and friends to clean up a local park or beach. Not only will you be helping the environment, but you’ll also be making your community a more beautiful place.
- Reduce, reuse, recycle: Take some time to learn about recycling and how you can reduce waste in your daily life. Get creative with upcycling projects, such as turning old t-shirts into reusable bags or using glass jars as storage containers.
- Take a nature hike: Go on a nature hike and explore the natural beauty in your area. Make a game out of it by seeing who can spot the most different types of plants or animals.
- Host an Earth Day party: Gather your friends and family for an Earth Day celebration. Make eco-friendly decorations, serve snacks made with locally-sourced ingredients, and play games that teach about sustainability and environmental conservation.
For a tasty Earth Day Treat, make some cookies!
If you are looking for an easy recipe that can be made without a hand or stand mixer this is it! This Earth Day Cookie recipe requires only a cake mix, melted butter, one egg, and food coloring – all of which can be stirred with a wooden spoon inside one (or two) small mixing bowls
More Earth Day Printables
Earth Day is an important reminder that we need to work together to care for the environment. And this year is no different. That’s why we’re sharing these fun printables to create a positive impact and inspire action to care for our planet. The Earth Day Printables even include a Pledge page on how you and your kids promise to take care of the earth.
Pin these cute pages for later!