Have you booked a trip to Disney? You and your family will need some unique Mickey Mouse Ears! Our 20 DIY Disney Micky Mouse Ears have all the magic and imagination of Disney in them! Find out more about how to make these fun headbands and then pick a few to make!
Are you ready for Disney? It’s time to don your best Disney-inspired outfits and head out on the town. Time to meet characters, dance at parties, sit back, and watch fireworks…all while decked out in costumes inspired by everyone’s favorite mouse.
Get inspired by our easy guide on creating awesome Mickey Mouse ears for yourselves or as a gift for friends.
What Are DIY Mickey Mouse Ears?
If you’re new to Disney meetups, you might be confused about what exactly everyone is wearing on their heads. The answer: Mickey ears! Mickey ears are the classic, oversize mouse ears worn by Disney fans at meetups, theme parks, and even on casual days out.
Traditionally, the ears are a bright yellow color with a black outline. But you can find ears in all kinds of colors, fabrics, and styles, from silk to felt and everything in between.
Materials You Might Need for your Mickey Mouse Ears:
To create your DIY mickey ears, you’ll need the following:
- The fabric of your choice: You can make your ears out of pretty much any fabric you want. If you want to keep it simple and classic, start with a bold yellow fabric. If you want something a little more interesting, try novelty fabrics, lightweight fabrics like tulle, or fabrics with prints.
- Sewing materials: A sewing machine is your best bet for a quick, professional-looking project. But you can also hand-sew your ears if you don’t have one.
- Plain headband: You can buy these in bulk at fabric stores. They’re often used for craft projects and cost about $1 per headband.
- Hot glue gun: Hot glue is a quick and easy way to attach parts to your ear.
- Fabric glue: This is a good alternative to hot glue if you’re making a child’s ears or working with a delicate fabric.
Find Your Inspiration
To create your own unique DIY mickey ears, pick a character you’d like to dress up as. Once you’ve picked your character, think about their signature features. Once you’ve done that, do some research, and then use any inspiration you find to help you create your ears.
For example, we know that Mickey is all about red shorts, yellow gloves, a black tail, and, of course, those famous mouse ears.
Whether you’re making them for a themed party or want to add a little extra Disney magic to your everyday outfits, you can’t go wrong with these cute, classic accessories.
Keep reading below to find out how to assemble these fun Mickey Mouse Ears!
Don’t worry if you can’t sew, some of these Mickey Ears do not require sewing!
Get inspiration from these DIY Disney Mickey Mouse Ears: