Do you worry about your children’s gaming habits? It’s very importance to maintain an “open-ended, judgement-free” dialogue about video games with your kids, but there’s much more that you can do! Check out this user-friendly guide to help provide you with the key information you need to manage their gameplay experiences and keep peace of mind.
About the Family Gaming Guide!
- Video games are more popular than ever and it’s never been tougher for parents to keep up with what their kids are playing and with whom.
- ESRB, the video game industry’s non-profit, self-regulatory body, has long stressed having an “open-ended, judgement-free” ongoing conversation around video games as the best way to stay aware… but there are a few more simple measures that can be taken.
- ESRB’s new Family Gaming Guide is a user-friendly tool to help parents and caregivers:
- Pick Appropriate Games
- Establish Household Rules
- Set Up Child Accounts and Using Parental Controls
- Limit In-Game Purchases
- Manage Multiplayer Gaming Online
- And more!
- The Family Gaming Guide contains key information to help you manage your kids’ gameplay experiences, keep your peace of mind, and have some fun along the way.
About Taming Gaming by Andy Robertson
A best-selling book that offers expertise from a seasoned gaming journalist and dad on how to guide your child to healthy gaming habits. After 10 years of playing video games with his kids, Robertson says that, while kids don’t need their parents’ help playing games, they do need their parents to “model a healthy relationship with” games. This includes how to stop playing when necessary, prioritizing face-to-face communications, and integrating games in a balanced way into the rest of their life.
Thanks to MamatheFox for hosting another great giveaway hop!
MamatheFox and all participating blogs are not held responsible for sponsors who fail to fulfill their prize obligations.
ENTER TO WIN!
THREE lucky readers will win a copy of Taming Gaming- Guide your child to healthy gaming habits.
The giveaway is open to US only, 18+
The giveaway ends 4/15/22 at 1159p est
Be sure to come back daily for more chances to win!
Be sure to hop to all the other giveaways below!