As we are approaching the Spring season, that means we are going to have warming temperatures, but it also means more frequent rainy days. While we are ready to get outdoors and play and frolic in the sunshine, you might still have a bit of delay due to rain. Fortunately, we have found an active game that can be played both indoors and outdoors – TowerBall!
More about TowerBall
When the COVID pandemic hit in March of 2020 and abruptly cancelled all in-person events, they thought, “how can we box up that competitive community experience for people to enjoy at home?”
Ready to move on from hand sanitizer and get back to their true passion, Kelsey, and Alex dove back into creating their own original game and evaluated the existing lawn-game landscape.
The Carroll’s’ took inventory of all the things they loved about backyard games: community, competition, strategy, good, clean fun, and removed the things they didn’t love so much: heavy materials, cumbersome storage, time-consuming set-up, complex rules, too much running, jumping around.
They boiled it down to two points:
- They didn’t want to sweat too much
- They wanted to be able to play with a drink (or a kid) in hand.
The concept and game itself is exciting and simple:
- Line up 2 or more players 10’ from the side of the tower with the single hole.
- Each player gets 4 tosses at Side 1, scoring one point for every toss that makes it through the hole
- You can either then walk around the tower (if outside) or just pivot the tower to the next side with two holes and continue tossing on the side with two holes.
- Same concept applies for each of the two remaining sides with three and four holes. At the end of the four sides, the player with the most points, WINS!
- In the event of a tie, play “sudden death” on side 4. The first player to make a shot on a turn where the other player misses is the final winner.
Set up, breakdown and storage is even simpler. You slide each side panel together, position for play and enjoy your game. When finished, simple disassemble, put into the portable bag and stow away until next time you are ready to have some more family fun.Yet another thing I love about TowerBall is the concept is so simple, so easy and yet so fun to play with family and friends. They have done everything possible to get you ready for the fun. They have so many videos on how to set up, how to play, how to take apart and put away. They really want you to have the ease of playing and having as much fun as the Carroll’s did when developing the game.You can purchase TowerBall online and will get free shipping on any purchase over $100! Get ready for Spring and Summer fun with TowerBall and spend more time together with family and friends, and less time staring robotically at screens!
Stay connected socially with TowerBall
We’ve added TowerBall to our #SpringIntoSummerFun Gift Guide – Check it out here