Adding beauty and style to your outdoor living area is easy with a Meranti Porch Swing from Backyard Discovery. I love a good porch swing. There is nothing more relaxing than slowly swinging while watching the sunset over the trees. Even here in the Midwest where the winters get downright cold, sitting outside on my porch swing is something that I enjoy all year. Our Farmhouse porch swing has a simple yet rustic design that would go well in any outdoor living area.
However, for those who prefer a more sturdy and long-lasting option, a metal swing set may be a better fit. Metal swing sets can withstand harsh weather conditions and provide a more secure swinging experience. They also come in a variety of designs and sizes to fit any outdoor space
About Backyard Discovery
For over 30 years, Backyard Discovery has been producing the highest quality wooden swing sets, playhouses and backyard leisure products for the home. Our team of innovators and specialists are passionate about bringing our love of quality family moments to your backyard. We are everyday parents just like you, while also expert craftsmen with a long legacy of building great products for millions of customers. We strive to take kids outside (just like we were) where they can flex both their muscles and their minds.
Meranti Porch Swing
This Farmhouse porch swing from Backyard Discovery is made from 100% Meranti Wood. Built to stand the test of time as it ages. It it large enough to seat two people with extra room. This porch swing will add beauty and comfort to your outdoor living area. Meranti Wood is a hard lumber that naturally is resistant to warping or twisting as it ages. The rustic farmhouse swing has a 600-pound weight capacity. It comes pre-cut, pre-drilled, and pre-stained for easy assembly.
Sitting on a porch swing is something I have enjoyed all my life. I can remember swinging with my grandma as a child. We talked about all sorts of things that were important to a little one. It was a place where we could snuggle up and just chat. Now that I am a grandma, our porch swing serves the same purpose with my little ones.
There is nothing better than snuggling up with a little one and just listening to their heart speak. That back and forth of the swing is a calming balm to any troubles that may be on their (or your) mind.
Bring back memories or make new ones on a porch swing from Backyard Discovery
This swing was easy (well easy enough and the directions are simple to follow) to assemble and built to last. I appreciate the simple instructions by the brand that also included images. There was one step that we had an issue with, and it ended up being an error in the image not the written directions. Other than that, the swing was assembled in about two hours. Since we were mounting the swing on our covered porch, we purchased concrete anchors from our local hardware store. These are also simple enough to install. The hardest thing was making sure they were level (um…I failed on that part but thankfully the chain (which is also included in kit) was long enough to compensate).
Assembly and Maintenance Tips
- Make sure to lay out all the pieces and count them to make sure you have everything before starting. Also note that there are pieces that look the same but have different numbers stamps on them (basically talking about left and right side pieces).
- Be gentle when tightening the little screws that hold the cross bars on the back of the swing. It is easy to tighten too much and force the tip of the screw through the wood. If this happens, take your manual screwdriver and rotate the screw about a quarter turn to the left. Reach around to the front side of the swing and feel the wood to make sure the tip is no longer coming through. This usually happens when you use a battery screwdriver. Thankfully it is an easy fix!
- In order to keep your swing in top condition, make sure to apply an oil or sealant to it at least once a year. This is also a step that is required in the warranty section. The warranty is one year on parts, with five years on wood rot or decay. “Once or twice a year, depending on your climate conditions, you must apply some type of protection (sealant) to the wood of your unit. Prior to the application of sealant, lightly sand any “rough” spots on your set.”
- Applying the oil or sealant not only will keep the swing working great, it will maintain the beauty for years to come.
- Another tip in the assemble notes is that you should check all nuts and bolts twice monthly during the usage season and tighten as required. Have to admit this isn’t something I have ever thought about.
If you are in the market for a beautiful porch swing, make sure to visit Backyard Discovery and check out their products. They also carry a huge line of outdoor living essentials including swing sets, benches, and gazebos for all seasons.
Make sure to follow Backyard Discovery on social media:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
We’ve added Backyard Discovery to The Warm Wishes Christmas Gift Guide #MegaChristmas21.
Check it out here!