Split, the port city of Croatia, is the second largest city in the country and is well known for its picturesque beauties around coastline. The place is always throng with natives as well as travelers who love to spend their time in the nearby islands and stay memorized seeing the beauty of the world heritage Diocletian Palace.
You can visit Split anytime of the year as it looks gorgeous and provides ample of entertainment all time. Hence, it is a traveler’s choice when they prefer to visit the city and travel to Dalmatia’s island to enjoy the scenic natural admirable beauties. However, if you are quite cautious traveler and prefer to take a trip to beautiful places at the right time of the year, you need to know when exactly to visit Split.
Here are few lines on when to visit Split:
- Best suitable time to visit Split: During the months of summer season, from April to October the coastline of Dalmatia islands are open for travelers to visit and stay. Thus, during these months, Split is too crowded and makes it uncomfortable for a few visitors to enjoy their time.
Travelers who want to relax prefer to visit in the early weeks of winter season, which is in the month of November to first week of December. People preferring to enjoy winter’s chilly weather can visit the city from December to February.
Even though there won’t be a lot of activities in winter times in the city grounds and nearby, the visitors can enjoy the spectacular colorful local festival. One such festival is the world famous Salsa Silvester festival.
- Time not suitable to visit Split: It can be warm in the summers, when the temperature is around thirties. Hence, the best to visit in the months of May, June and September when the climate is little warm and free from heavy showers.
- The busiest visiting months of Split: No doubt, it is the month of July and August. They are the busiest months for tourism, as there are a lot of activities attracting travelers to participate and enjoy.
Noting the reasons why Split is all time favorite of travelers to visit anytime of the year:
- Split isn’t only a base place to enjoy coastline activities, it also presents the most exciting historical moments through the remains of the Roman Palace. The ruins of 7th century palace are still the central of attraction for its early year architecture.
- Coffee culture: The city is well known for its open house coffee serves. Any time of the year you can enjoy different kinds of coffee, sitting under the sun at the local coffee joints.
- Any time is good time to visit the beaches: The rocky shore and coves of beach Bacvice having lot of activities going on throughout the day, and the nights are little crowded entire year. For spending comfortable relaxing hours on beach you can move on to beach Trstenik.
- It is all night party time in Split: You can enjoy the night clubs and the shows presented on the beaches throughout the night. The music shows, the dance parties and the fireworks are spectacular in the festive days. You are shouldn’t miss them at any cost.
- All the days are good for island touring: You can easily reach the shores of the awesome islands Hvar, Vis and Brac. They are open the throughout the year for visitors to enjoy the natural beauty and other activities that the natives are proud of and indulge in the excitement provided in the ever lively clubs.
To make the travelling easier and quite beneficial, there is a need to find best travel aids. Thanks to online services that offer tourists and travelers across the world to book mode of transportation from anywhere. One such online base is bookaway. com. You do not have to worry about booking your transport from Dubrovnik to Split.
Bookaway offers a wide range of road and sea transportation to suit your budget. You can easily compare the rates and book the one that suits your budget. However, it is suggested that you do not wait for the last minute reservations.