Make your own Haunted House Craft!
One of my favorite parts of Halloween is the scary stuff- you know, the Haunted Hay Rides, the Horror Movies and and Haunted Houses!! That’s the fun of Halloween, trick-or-treating and scaring each other! I know my son used to hate Haunted Houses and scary movies, now- he can’t get enough.
Here’s a fun craft to make with your kids to get them ready for Halloween. If your kids are like my son and are scared of Haunted Houses, you can teach them that like this craft, Haunted Houses are just made up!
Have fun and Happy Halloween!
Supplies for your Halloween Pastel Oil Haunted House:
- Construction Paper (or card stock)
- Oil Pastels
- Download and print out the haunted house template.
- Carefully cut out all the pieces, following which color card stock to print on.
- On a white piece of construction paper or card stock, draw a circle (moon) with yellow pastels and then trace that circle with orange.
- Use your fingertips to smudge the colors together.
- Use shades of green to finish filling in the paper, darker to lighter.
- Blend, blend and blend some more! The more you blend, the better it looks!
- Then draw a border around the entire piece of paper with black oil pastel.
- Blend the black pastel towards the middle of the paper.
- Glue the fence towards the bottom of the paper.
- Then glue the house on top of the fence and the bats over the moon.
- Be sure to glue the doors and windows onto the house followed by any ghosts you want to add!
- Make this project even more unique! Try different color combinations and add some glitter!!! Get creative and spooky!
- And you’re done!! Be sure to share this fun creation with everyone that LOVES Halloween!!
Pin this Easy Halloween Pastel Oil Haunted House!