A pimple can show up at anytime. It doesn’t care if you have an important presentation or a fun weekend with friends planned. What can you do when blemishes strike? As always with skincare, prevention is the best tool. To really make your skin shine with its own natural beauty, arm yourself with the best organic feminine health products you can find and implement into your daily routine the following healthy skin practices.
Keep It Clean
Clean skin is beautiful skin, even with pimples and outbreaks. Wash your face every morning and night and after a serious physical workout, such as a hockey game. The key here is to use a gentle cleanser that won’t irritate your skin further. The best face wash for sensitive skin will be made from natural, organic ingredients. Look for the following:
- Coconut oil – a great natural hydrator
- Lavender – helps reduce bacteria and acne flareups
- Chamomile – soothes and cools inflamed skin and reduces redness
- Grapefruit extract – evens skin tone
Resist the urge to touch your face and poke at your pimples. Doing so will only inflame them further and increase the irritation. A little dab of hydrocortisone cream on an especially red zit, or a topical ointment containing salicylic acid applied right before bedtime can go a long way towards reducing the redness and inflammation by morning. Glycolic acid and benzoyl peroxide are also powerful anti-pimple antidotes. Apply these ointments sparingly, however. They are powerful and can dry out your skin if used too liberally. Try to keep them right on the spot.
Try Essential Oils
Tea tree oil is a true medical powerhouse, and it can work on your acne in addition to everything else it does. You need to dilute it first, as it could irritate your skin straight out of the bottle. One part tea tree oil to nine parts water is a standard recommendation. Soak the tip of a cotton swab in this solution and dab it on the affected areas. If you wish, you can apply a moisturizer afterward. Then get some shut eye and wake up to healthier skin.
There are other oils that help skin as well. To find the best organic acne oil, look for products that are fragrance free, paraben free, and alcohol free, as these ingredients are skin irritants. Oils that have proven benefits for skin include:
- Tamanu – This oil is pressed from the nut of a tree that grows in Polynesia. It has soothing, healing, and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Blue Tansy – From a North African flower, blue tansy has natural antioxidants for healthier skin as well as redness reduction.
- Rosehip – This oil, pressed from wild rose seeds, is a true powerhouse. It lightens dark spots, brightens skin, and fights aging.
- Black Cumin Seed – Native to southwest Asia, the oil from this plant is a strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial.
While most pimples don’t truly disappear overnight, it is possible to reduce them significantly. Look for natural, organic products for your skin and create a personal hygiene plan that gives your skin the love it deserves.