Servings: 24 (small servings)
Ingredients for Triple Layered Pumpkin Brownies:
Baking pan 9×13 in
Directions for baking the Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies:
Pin for Later!
Print the Recipe!
- Brownie Layer Ingredients: (first layer)
- 1 C unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar (packed)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs (large)
- 1½ C flour
- 1 C cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C semisweet chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Layer Ingredients:( second layer)
- ¼ C unsalted butter (softened)
- ½ C pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 5–6 C powdered sugar
- Chocolate Ganache Ingredients: (third layer)
- 5 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- Set aside.
- Brownie Layer Directions: (First layer)
- Cream the butter and both sugars with an electric mixer until they are smooth. Add both the vanilla and eggs mixing until the mixture is smooth.
- In another bowl (small), add the flour, cocoa,and salt. Whisk to mix together. As soon as the flour, cocoa, and salt have been blended together divide this equally into three equal small bowls. Slowly add the first bowl to the butter mixture mixing well. Repeat the same process until all remaining two bowls of the flour, cocoa, and salt have been incorporated into the butter mixture.
- Using a large spoon stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour (or scoop) the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. (The batter will be thick) Using a rubber spatula spread it out flat. ( Coat the rubber spatula with baking spray)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. (Or until a toothpick in the middle of the batter/brownie comes out almost clean.) No longer so that it remains fudgy.
- Remove from the oven. Set aside to cool.
- Pumpkin Layer Directions: (Second layer)
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, pumpkin puree, and vanilla together. (The butter may have the appearance of being chunky.)
- Slowly add the cinnamon,nutmeg, salt, and one cup of the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Continue to add the powdered sugar in one cup portions while using the electric mixer.(The consistency will be of a thick frosting.)
- Scoop the pumpkin mixture onto the cooled brownie. Spread it in an even layer.
- Return it to the refrigerator to chill.
- Chocolate Ganache Directions: (Third layer)
- Combine the chocolate chips and melted butter in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% for 60-90 seconds. (Or until the mixture melted) Stir well.
- Remove the brownies from the fridge. Spread the ganache (chocolate mixture) in an even layer over top of the pumpkin layer. (the second layer)
- Place the brownies back in the fridge to cool completely. Slice into 24 small squares.