I don’t know about you, but I spend most of the summer in Flip Flops! This sign sums up my summer perfectly!
The perfect hostess gift for that last-minute Summer party invite, this Flip Flop Sign is so quick and easy that you can let the kids help create and even personalize it with a special message or family name! The best part- you can get everything you need at the Dollar Store! It’s quick, easy and cheap! That’s the way every craft should be!
Materials needed for the Flip Flop Sign:
- Dollar Store Flip Flops – two coordinating pairs
- Dollar Store Silk Flowers – one bunch (usually 5-6 flowers)
- Chipboard Alphabet Letters
- Grosgrain Ribbon – 36” length to coordinate with flip flops
- Glue – with fine tip nozzle
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Instructions for the Flip Flop Sign:
- Select chipboard letters to spell out message – Life Is Better In Flip Flops.
TIP: This is a good opportunity to use up several different styles of chipboard alphabet letters in the same color.
- Starting at the heel end, attach chipboard letters to flip flops in a random fashion with the fine tip nozzle of a multi-purpose glue. Let dry.
- Turn flip flops over on work surface. Starting at the base of the bottom flip flop, attach 36” of grosgrain ribbon to back with glue gun. Up one side, leaving a 12” hanger at the top and down the other side. Trim any excess ribbon with scissors.
- Pop the heads off three (3) of the dollar store silk flowers and then attach them to the tong part of each flip flop with glue gun.
Pin for Later!
What’s your favorite Summer Craft?
Do you make crafts with your kids? Let us know in the comments below.
Be sure to check out our 22 Outdoor Summer Crafts & Activities for Kids! These will keep your kids busy all summer!