This summer is the perfect time to make fun crafts with your kids! These American Flag wands are easy to make and fun for the whole family. They are great for 4th of July parties, fireworks, parades and more. Use them for any patriotic holiday or just to show your American Pride!
See more crafts in our 70 Easy Patriotic Crafts that will make your Holiday Pop! roundup.
- 12” Wooden dowels from craft store
- Acrylic paint: blue and white
- 1” Satin ribbon: 2 blue, 2 red, and 2 white
- Paint brush: thin bristle
- Hot glue gun
- Paint ¾ of the dowel bright blue (don’t forget the tip) and let them dry completely.
- Use a jar filled with rocks to hold them up right. Don’t worry about drips the ribbon will cover them.
- Paint rows of stars on each side.
- If small stars are difficult then try painting starburst instead.
- Cut the ribbon into 20” strips.
- Keep colors organized so they are easy to grab.
- Fold a blue ribbon in half and loop it around the end of the wand that doesn’t have the stars.
- Do the blue ribbon 3-4 more times.
- After you have 3-4 blue ribbon at top then alternate between red and white till you reach the blue dipped end.
- *Preferred method: step 5 after each ribbon loop.
- Tighten the ribbon and use the hot glue gun to secure the ribbon.
- Place a drop of glue at the inside knot of the ribbon, the part against the wand.
- Once the glue hardens your American Flag wand is ready to use!
Pin for Later!
Where would you take your American Flag Wand? Let us know in the comments below.