Spring is the perfect time of year to throw open the windows, get out all the cobwebs and do some serious cleaning! It’s the best time to focus on areas of the home that you don’t clean during your regular weekly cleaning. It may be time-consuming, but it is important if you want your home looking its best. Have you looked at the top of your refrigerator lately? How about those blinds in the office- how clean are they? Do your baseboards get overlooked? Don’t even open the closet… What do your natural stone, granite or quartz countertops look like?
Let’s talk about those forgotten places that need a spring cleanup!
You should give all of your appliances a good cleaning in the spring. You should go through your refrigerator and freezer and discard anything that has expired or that is freezer burned. With soap and hot water, you should clean the inside of the refrigerator. Next, pull the refrigerator away from the wall and vacuum the coils in the back. When too much dust builds up back there, it can make the refrigerator work harder than it needs to. Be sure to clean the oven as well. I know mine has a self-cleaning mode. Just remember to actually turn that function on!
Over time dust can build up on your drapes and valances. You should take them down and wash them in hot water. If you have blinds or shades in the windows, you should wipe them down with soap and hot water. I try to vacuum my blinds when I vacuum the house, but cleaning them with soap and water works much better.
The baseboards in your home can collect a great deal of dust over time. If you are like most people, you don’t have the time to clean them during every regular cleaning. To clean the top, you should wipe them down with hot soapy water. To clean underneath, you should use a vacuum cleaner to clean under the baseboards and inside. Once the top of the baseboards have dried, you should wipe them down with a fabric softener sheet. I love this quick tip! This will repel the dust, making it harder for it to build up on the baseboard.
Closets are a treasure trove of stuff at our house. Now is a good time to clean them out! Take a look at what you have and throw away or donate things that you no longer wear. If you have a closet for cleaning supplies, go through it making sure that you aren’t holding onto any empty containers or any products that you don’t need. Finally, if you use your closets for storage, see what you have and get rid of anything that you might not need.
Treat and seal your countertops:
Did you know that matte black appliances and quartz countertops are the hottest trends in kitchen design for 2019? According to a survey taken among users of the Houzz home improvement mobile app, 48 percent of homeowners are choosing quartz when they upgrade their kitchens, which is a 5 percent increase from last year, and the preferred colors tend to be lighter and with patterns that evoke the look of marble.
Granite Gold Quartz Brite® is a quartz cleaner and polish you can safely use on your quartz countertops. It works on all engineered stone and solid surface materials, including the older Corian slabs that were popular in the 1970s. This daily cleaner features a two-in-one cleaner and polish formula that cleans away dirt, debris, and liquids while leaving a polished look. Granite Gold Quartz Brite® doesn’t contain bleach, ammonia, or phosphates that could be harmful to quartz slabs and tiles.
Speaking of all this cleaning, what good is talking about it if you don’t have supplies to do it? Luckily, Granite Gold® is sponsoring a HUGE Spring Cleaning Bundle of these great products. To learn even more about these amazing products, visit Granite Gold’s Product Page. Granite Gold® brand stone-care products are non-toxic, non-acidic, biodegradable, contain no phosphates or ammonia, and they are safe on food-preparation surfaces.
- Daily cleaner spray: Preserve and protect the beauty and durability of granite, marble, travertine and all other natural-stone surfaces.
- Daily cleaner wipes (x 2): More durable than typical surface cleaning wipes, Granite Gold Daily Cleaner Wipes® easily removes spills and soils from granite, marble, travertine and other natural-stone surfaces.
- Sealer Wipes: The thick, pre-moistened Granite Gold Sealer Wipes® will seal approximately 75 feet of natural stone — about the size of an average kitchen — maintaining maximum surface protection against staining, etching and soil build-up.
- Stone & Tile Floor Cleaner: Break down dirt and oil in heavy traffic areas on any stone floor – granite, marble, travertine and all other natural-stone and ceramic tile.
- Squeeze & Mop Floor Cleaner: Simply squeeze and mop to deep-clean stone floors such as granite, marble, travertine and all other natural-stone and ceramic tile. Granite Gold Squeeze & Mop Floor Cleaner® is a ready-to-use formula quickly removing all types of soils in high-traffic areas.
- Grout Cleaner with nylon brush: Deep-clean soiled grout while also protecting surrounding stone surfaces. The lightly “citrus-scented” Granite Gold Grout Cleaner® is also safe on tile, porcelain, colored grout, ceramic and glass, and includes the poly-fiber Granite Gold Grout Brush® to agitate dirt and grime.
- Polish Wipes (x 2): Quickly bring out the natural beauty on granite, marble, travertine and all other natural-stone. Granite Gold Polish Wipes® are embossed to allow for gentle polishing and will also provide ongoing protection against water spots and fingerprints.
- Quartz Brite: This is the only two-in-one formula specifically formulated to easily clean and polish quartz surfaces such as Silestone, Caesarstone, LG and more to a brilliant shine. To learn more about why you shouldn’t use household cleaners on quartz, go HERE.
- Shower Cleaner: Deep-clean granite, marble, travertine and all other natural-stone and ceramic-shower walls and tub surrounds.
- Outdoor Stone Cleaner 24 oz: Tackle the outdoor dirt and grime on BBQ islands, kitchens and tables, stone counters and more.
About Granite Gold
Granite Gold® is the brainchild of cousins Lenny Sciarrino and Lenny Pellegrino, whose grandfather moved to the United States in the 1950s, bringing with him an Italian heritage known for expertise in the stone industry that he passed on to generations.
ENTER TO WIN!
One lucky reader will win this HUGE Granite Gold® Spring Cleaning Prize Pack! (as described above)
The giveaway is open to US only, 18+
The giveaway ends 3/26 at 1159p est
Be sure to come back daily for more chances to win!
We have added this spring cleaning post to our Spring Gift Guide HERE!