Tasty, Tender Beef Tenderloin!
If you’re looking for a great Beef Tenderloin recipe, you don’t want to miss this one! Be sure to have a meat thermometer on hand so you can tell how done it is.
Actual cooking time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the starting internal temperature of the beef. Therefore, allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before roasting and use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. For medium-rare, remove from oven at 140°F. The temperature will rise to 145°F as it rests.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
3 T. coconut oil, divided
16 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
2 large shallots, sliced
3 T. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
3 T. garlic, minced
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 lbs. beef tenderloin roast
1 large red onion, sliced
- Place oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt one tablespoon coconut oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining coconut oil in a small bowl in a microwave. Add the rosemary and garlic to the coconut oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the rosemary-garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
- Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions.
- Arrange the mushroom and shallot mixture around the sides of the beef and place in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well done results.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Be sure to pin for later!
How do you like your Beef Tenderloin cooked? Let us know in the comments below!