Halloween is about a month away. If you have to make some scary treats for parties or get-togethers, these Mummy Rice Krispie Treats are easy and fun!
Need more Halloween Inspiration? Check out all our other Halloween Treats HERE.
- 10 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 2-12 oz bags Wilton bright white chocolate candy melts
- Candy eyes
- Decorating bag
- Large microwave safe bowl
1. In a large bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes and mix.
2. Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until your cereal is evenly covered in your marshmallow mixture.
3. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan and press your marshmallow mixture into your pan firmly.
4. Let set for a few hours and cut into small rectangles.
5. In a large microwave safe bowl, heat your candy melts on 50% power for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
6. Lay out a piece of parchment paper and carefully dunk the top of each Rice Krispies treat into your melted chocolate and smooth the chocolate on top and on the sides.
7. Transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes, fill up a decorating bag with the remaining chocolate and cut a small tip off the end of the bag.
8. Dab a small amount of melted chocolate on the back of two candy eyes and carefully press them onto your white chocolate covered rice crispy treat towards the top half.
9. Use your decorating bag to draw several lines back-and-forth across the top of your Rice Krispies treat, let harden and enjoy!