Nothing is better than a sweet salad to get your appetite going. My boys love salad, and even though it has fennel in it, they still love it. It’s definitely on my list to make again!
Need a quick and refreshing side dish to add a pop of color and fresh flavor to your dinner table? Look no further than this super quick and easy strawberry fennel salad. The fennel offers a satisfying crunch, while the sweet strawberries balance the natural saltiness of the Feta cheese. It comes together in just 15 minutes, so it’s perfect for those busy weeknight meals.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: n/a
Tip: If preferred, toss the spinach and arugula with the salad dressing prior to arranging on the platter.
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. rice wine vinegar
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- ½ t. Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 c. baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 c. baby arugula, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 c. strawberries, sliced
- 4 oz. Feta cheese, crumbled
- Optional: Sprigs of fresh basil, for garnish
- Prepare dressing by whisking together all ingredients in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a serving container and set aside.
- Arrange the spinach and arugula on a serving platter and top with sliced fennel, strawberries, and Feta cheese.
- Serve immediately with chilled salad plates and dressing on the side. Enjoy!
If you love salads, be sure to check out our 45 Refreshing Summer Salads that will make you drool!