Yes, it’s another WINNIE THE POOH dessert!
“You’re braver than you believe and stronger and smarter than you think.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
I’m saving the best for last! Aren’t these the cutest?
Be sure to check out all our other great Winnie the Pooh recipes, crafts, posts and more HERE.
Yes, these require some artistic ability, but Pooh is cute anyway you make him!
- 1 C of unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C Powder sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 C of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tarter
Cookie Cutter: Winnie the pooh shaped cookie cutter
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 C powder sugar
- Golden Yellow and Black gel food coloring
- 2 disposable piping bags fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 squeeze bottles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg and mix until combined and creamy
- Using a large bowl, combined the flour, baking soda and cream of tarter
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed
- Using your hands continue to mix until fully combined
- Lightly flour a cutting board and knead the cookie dough a couple of times
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 inch thick
- Cut out 12 pooh faces and place onto a cookie sheet
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Repeat steps until completely out of dough
- Let cookies cool completely
Royal Icing Directions:
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form
- Split the icing into 2 bowls
- Add in a few drops of the Golden yellow gel color into one bowl and mix until combined
- Add in a few drops of the Black gel color into the second bowl and mix until combined
- Scoop some icing into the piping bags and set aside
- Add in a few tablespoons of water into the remaining Golden yellow icing and mix until combined
- Pour the Golden Yellow icing into the squeeze bottle
- Using the Golden Yellow piping bag, pipe a outline around the cookies
- Fill in with the thinner Golden Yellow icing
- Let cookies dry overnight
- Using the black piping bags, pipe the detail of Pooh’s face onto the cookie
- Let cookies dry for an hour before enjoying.
How cute are these Pooh Faces??
Here is a fun Pooh Coloring Page too!