Keep Your Family Happy- Stay Connected Even at Home!
We recently had a family emergency- my hubby broke his ankle. It was such as bad break, one of the bones had come through the skin. He has had surgery twice to repair all the damage he did. Needless to say, he is not doing much for himself these days. He can’t put any weight on his right leg for another seven weeks. That means, I get to bring him things, empty things, wait on his every need and desire. One thing that was hard, was hearing him call to me when I’m upstairs. I never bring my cellphone upstairs and he needed some way for me to hear him. These Motorola Talkabout two-way radios are the perfect solution. He can alert me, or use his CB talk voice to ask me (nicely of course) to get him something after I have gone upstairs.
We received 4 radios all together so my son has one too. It’s the perfect way to get him to help Dad out a little more and make it fun. We even use it to tell him dinner is ready- no more hollering for 5 minutes when it’s time to eat! We got:
- T100, which includes two neon blue radios, two belt clips and one user guide.
- T107, which includes two bright pink radios, two belt clips and one user guide.
About the Motorola Talkabout T100 Series:
Simple, compact and easy to use by the entire family, the Talkabout™ T100 Series is the perfect way to stay in touch when out and about, whether at the playground, biking in the park or enjoying a picnic. These colorful radios have a range of up to 16 miles and feature 22 channels, providing you with just what you need to instantly reach your family and friends, and know they’re safe.
They have a flashing low battery alert reminds you when batteries are running low. The keypad lock prevents your personalized settings from being inadvertently changed. They run on 3 AAA batteries, no need to worry about losing charging cords!
We have enjoyed staying connected at home with our Motorola Talkabout Walkie-Talkies! I love that we got two colors- I never have to worry about the boys taking a pink one so I always know where they are. We are looking forward to when my hubby heals up so we can go out for walks in the woods and test out the range of the radios. We tested the distance when I drove away from the house and it was only about 1/2 a mile. We live in a very wooded area.
Here are some other great activities that would be perfect for the Motorola Talkabouts:
- Camping- most places don’t have very good signal and the WiFi is usually just near the main gate
- Going to the Beach- don’t worry about getting your cell phone sandy, bring the Talkabout instead!
- In the Garden- don’t lose your phone in the weeds
- Horseback Riding- in those places with no signal
- Kids can use them to play hide and seek or any other game they can think of.
- At the golf course
- At a Theme Park- don’t use your minutes or cell phone battery, just use your Talkabout
- At the Dog Park- someone has to let the dogs out. 🙂
- Anywhere you need to communicate with family or friends that isn’t a great place for cell phones.
Be sure to follow Motorola Solutions on Social Media:
We have added the Motorola Talkabouts to our Valentine’s Day Gift Guide. Check out the whole guide HERE.