Today is the first day of our 14 Days of Valentine Desserts!
I am so excited to share these with you and get some ideas to make with my kids in the coming weeks.
To start off this fun 2 weeks I wanted to share some fun facts about Valentine’s Day:
- Valentines Day became an official holiday in the 1300s
- People starting exchanging cards and letters in the 17th century and Valentine’s Day cards weren’t mass-produced until the 1840s.
- Men spend $150 on gifts and women spend about $75 on gifts each year. It’s a pretty big holiday!
- Top gifts include: flowers, chocolate, or jewelry.
- February is the second popular month for proposals – can you guess what the most popular month to get engaged is?
Valentine’s Day is about sharing a special date with your sweetie. Whether you go out to dinner or you get take out come home and make this Lava Cake for 2 dessert. It’s easy to make the chocolate decorations and lava cakes are not difficult at all but taste so decadent!
Visit Janell at SavingYouDinero.com for this simple and gorgeous recipe! Your sweetie will think you spent a lot of time in the kitchen whipping up this delicious treat!
Check out all the recipes below that you can make this Valentine’s Day!