I am partnering with Farmland for this sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own. I am a member of the Mom It Forward Influencer Network.
Farmland- for a Taste that’s Undeniably True!
At Farmland, we believe in true. Since 1959, we’ve been raising pork the honest way, working in partnership with American farmers. Never adding hormones or MSG. For a taste that’s undeniably true and unmistakably Farmland.
If you love bacon, breakfast sausage, ham and lunch meats, you need to keep reading! Not only do these Farmland products taste great, but they are tender, flavorful and made with quality ingredients! All Farmland products are free of hormones and MSG and are products of the USA!
Did you know?
- Since 1959, Farmland has been passionate about making high-quality foods, working alongside American farm families to offer the best quality products such as bacon, ham, and sausage. More than 50 years later, Farmland’s unsurpassed passion and pride are stronger than ever, serving retail and foodservice customers across the United States.
- For more product information or recipe inspiration, visit www.FarmlandFoods.com.
Farmland is proud to partner with the National FFA Organization!
I’m so excited to share this partnership with you! With every Farmland item purchased now through September 30, 2017 Farmland will donate $0.10 to FFA, up to $75,000. These donations will help FFA continue to further its mission of making a positive difference in the lives of students and shine a light on the agricultural industry. This is exactly what we need right now!
In addition to the donation, Farmland will provide grants to select Midwestern FFA chapters later this year, providing financial support to high school students working on animal care projects. With my son just starting high school, this is very exciting news. We are getting a Border Collie and a few ducks so he can participate in our local 4-H.
Which Farmland products count towards the partnership? Participating Farmland products include everything from Farmland bacon and breakfast sausage to boneless ham and lunch meats. As you will see below, we LOVE bacon and I have a few tips on cooking bacon.
Be sure to support the Future Farmers of America by going to Hy-Vee and Jewel-Osco and purchasing Farmland products now through Sept. 30.
BACON MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER!
It’s true- I persuaded my son to try many new veggies and dishes just because I added a little bacon (and maybe cheese) to them. It worked like a charm.
My 3 Favorite ways to cook bacon:
There really isn’t a “right” way to cook bacon- it really depends how much you are cooking and when you’ll be eating it.
- The easiest way, my favorite way, is to microwave bacon. All you need is a glass square casserole dish, paper towels, and a microwave. Just line a microwave-safe dish with a few layers of paper towels, arrange the bacon in a single layer, and cover with 2 more layers of paper towels. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute per slice of bacon and check for doneness. If needed, microwave in additional 30 second bursts until the bacon is just shy of being as done as you like it — the bacon will cook a little more once you remove it from the microwave. Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate, so it doesn’t stick to the paper towels.
- Cooking bacon in a cast iron skillet is the tastiest way to cook it, especially if you need the bacon drippings for your breakfast! Start the bacon in a cold pan, laying the strips in the skillet before you turn on a low to medium-low flame. When the bacon starts to buckle and curl, use the tongs to loosen the strips and turn each slice to cook on the other side. Keep flipping and turning the bacon so that it browns evenly and cook to desired crispness. Tip: try adding a little water to the pan for less splattering and a more tender texture!
- Cooking bacon in the oven is a great choice if you have a lot to make. Just preheat the oven to 400° and lay the bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet. (For even crispier bacon, set a metal cooling rack over the foil-lined baking sheet and lay the raw bacon over the cooling rack.) Bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon, and use tongs to transfer it to a paper-lined platter to drain and finish crisping.
Don’t forget, with every Farmland item purchased now through September 30, 2017, Farmland will donate $0.10 to FFA, up to $75,000. What’s your favorite Farmland product? Let us know in the comments below!