This post was sponsored by Heluva Good! Cheese as part of an Influence Central campaign and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Cheese Makes School Lunches more exciting!
The longstanding theme in our home is “Everything is better with Cheese!” It’s true, put cheese on just about anything and my son will eat it! We have had a love affair with cheese for years- but not just any cheese. We love Heluva Good!® Block Cheese, almost every flavor too!
The one place you can get the BEST variety of different flavors of HeluvaGood! Cheese is Walmart! They take their cheese seriously, that’s why I LOVE shopping at Walmart! There were almost TOO many choices.
WHY do we love Helava Good! Cheese?
Heluva Good! provides the ultimate snacking experience no matter the occasion. It goes with anything, crackers, sandwiches, melted on Hamburgers, or added to just about any pasta recipe.
The flavors are fun and appeal to everyone- they even have a spicy Pepper Jack Cheese. The taste makes your recipes and snacks even more flavorful!
Did you know that Heluva Good! Cheese is:
- Gluten Free
- Made with milk
- 0 grams trans fat per serving
- Good source of protein
- Excellent source of calcium
Be sure to take advantage of the Ibotta offer HERE. Please remember that limited quantities are available, as there is no expiration date for this offer, but it is available until all of the rebates have been used.
Summertime is a great time for cold lunches! It’s too hot to eat soups and grilled cheese sandwiches. How about cubing up some meat, Heluva Good! Cheese, and your favorite veggies? We made them the other day and they are a huge hit with my son and his friends.
School will be starting in less than a month around here. I don’t know about you, but I am always looking for easy and nutritious ideas for my son’s lunch. We try to eat a lower carbohydrate diet around here, so I thought making some lunch kabobs with meat, cheese and veggies would be a big hit.
Here is what I used:
- Your choice of Heluva Good! Cheese- at least 2 flavors
- Grape Tomatoes
- Red, Yellow and Orange Sweet Peppers
- Ham Steak
- Multigrain Crackers for my son.
- Don’t forget the Bamboo Skewers!
How to make these fun kabobs:
- Cut Heluva Good! Cheese into cubes- I used two different kinds of cheese.
- Cube Ham (you could use Turkey, Chicken or even Tofu)
- Wash and dry Grape Tomatoes
- Wash, peel and cut the Cucumber into circles or half-circles depending on the size needed
- Wash and cut Red, Yellow and/or Orange Sweet Peppers
- Go crazy and layer veggies, ham, cheese until your skewer is full. (I cut my skewers in half so they would fit into the lunchbox easier)
- Have picky kids? Just use the veggies that they like. Customize them for everyone’s individual tastes.
- Don’t forget to add extra veggies and even a fun dip like Ranch or Spicy Catalina Dressing.
What would YOU put on your kabobs? Let us know in the comments below.
Be sure to follow Heluva Good! Cheese on social media:
We have added these Fun Ham, Cheese and Veggie Kabobs to our Back to School Guide!
Be sure to pin for later- you know you’ll be needing lunch ideas in a few weeks!