Do your kids LOVE animals? You can help them advocate for their favorite animals! Check out this infographic below.
- Pick a topic
- What issue does your child feel strongly about? Visit aspca.org/advocacy to find current policy issues that need support.
- Here are 2 issues that my son would support:CT: Dogs Deserve Proper Shelter!– no pup should be without a home!
FL: Racing Greyhounds Need Your Voice! – my husband was born and raised in Florida, so we understand why Greyhounds need our voice!
- Find out who represents you
- Visit aspca.org/lookup to identify your state and federal legislators and their contact info.
- Introduce yourself
- Contact your legislator and have your child explain who they are and why they care about this animal welfare issue.
- Give your complete address
- It is important to cite your home address so you can be verified as a constituent.
- Make the ask
- Your child should specify what action they want taken and, when possible, refer to bills by name or number.
- Make it personal
- Share a brief story about how the policy will directly impact your family and community.
Parents: To stay updated on important animal welfare issues, join the ASPCA Advocacy Brigade: aspca.org/brigade.