Knowing the type of hair you have enables you to determine how to style, cut and take care of your hair effectively. Understanding factors such as texture, the ability of hair to retain moisture, density, curl patterns and elasticity makes it possible to establish your hair type and how to handle it. Hair type also makes it easier for you to choose the right styles and products that are most suitable for your hair.
- Some people have thin hair while others have medium or thick hair.
- Hair that lacks the ability to hold moisture tends to be dry. On the other hand, porous hair usually takes a longer time to dry after it comes into contact with water.
- Strong hair exhibits a lot of elasticity without breakage and weaker hair is likely to experience a lot of breakage and a limited ability to handle stretching.
- The curl pattern of a person’s hair is generally based on whether it is straight with no curve, wavy with minimal curling, defined curl and tightly coiled hair. Whether your hair is categorized as 1A OR 4C according to the pattern and thickness of your curls, the best way to observe it is in its natural state.
- When hair is bleached, dyed or exposed to certain chemicals, it may be challenging to accurately establish what type of hair you have. Find equipment for your salon
When you want to try a new hairstyle, the texture of your hair, facial shape and features need to be taken into consideration. Although you may want to try your favorite celebrity’s trendy haircut, it is important to determine the styles that will actually look good on you. Regardless of how straight or curly, thick or fine your hair is, there is a perfect style for everyone.
Hairstyles for Different Face Shapes
Choose styles and cuts that work well with the shape of your face. The goal is to balance out the angles of your face with your hair. Being aware of the shape of your face will give you the knowledge and confidence that you need to select the right hairstyles.
- Round faces are flattered by waves, curls, bangs and layers.
- A square face is characterized by a broad forehead and wide jaw. Curls, ponytails and buns go well with these types of features. Avoid blunt cuts that will overemphasize your jaw line.
- Oval faces can accommodate a variety of styles. Identify your favorite feature and pick a hairstyle that can highlight it. Oval faces look great with hair held away from the face and high ponytails or buns.
- Wide foreheads and narrow chins are the distinct features of the heart-shaped face. Voluminous hair helps to balance out the forehead and chin. Avoid any hairstyle that minimizes the volume of the hair such as slicked back and flat ponytails.
- Small forehands and wide jaws form the triangle shape that is flattered by haircuts that taper down to give the illusion a wider jaw line.
- Long faces have features that share the same width and require shorter haircuts that add width and reduce length.
Simone Wright is a freelance writer. She likes to research and cover a wide range of topics. Her hobbies include eating out with her friends and traveling with her family. For more information about where to find equipment for your salon, please go to the site.