Ah, the sweet symphony of love – who says it has to break the bank? Whether you’re a couple that’s saving up, prioritizing financial goals, or just seeking the charm in simplicity, fun and cheap date ideas can be the secret ingredient to keeping the flame alive. Let’s dive into a treasure trove of affordable yet utterly delightful date suggestions that will have you falling in love all over again.
Whether you have been married for 15 years or 2 months, never forget to take time to “date” your sweetheart. Your date doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are a few fun and cheap date ideas to surprise your sweetheart on Valentine’s Day!
- Roller skating or Ice Skating: Nothing is more romantic that skating hand-in-hand around the rink or the pond!
- Recreate your first date: Did you visit a little coffee bar on your first date? If you can’t re-visit the same coffee bar, find a similar one and surprise your sweetheart.
- Do a lunch date: Find a little deli and have a romantic lunch date for two.
- Take a walk on the beach: This is one of my favorite things to do! Walking hand-in-hand on the beach is so romantic. Listening to the waves crash on the shore and taking in all that ocean air is very intoxicating! If you visit the beach in those cold months, be sure to bundle up!
- Movie marathon with ice cream sundaes: Pick a genre, queue up some movies, and make the biggest, most obnoxious sundae you can.
- Build something together:
- Craft something together
- Cook together
- Go canoeing!
- Go camping! Don’t forget to bring S’mores!
- Go hiking! Take time to stop and enjoy the nature around you.
- Go fishing! Be sure to bait her hook if she can’t.
- Have a picnic- even in living room: Everyone loves a picnic! If it’s too cold outside, have one in the living room!
- Drive up to the highest point in your city, spread out a blanket, and then gaze up at the stars
- Go to the animal shelter and pet the animals: These animals are starving for attention. It will make you feel good giving love to these pets that will love you right back!
- Teach each other something: You probably know something your partner doesn’t and they probably know how to do something you don’t. This is the perfect opportunity to teach each other
- Write love letters to each other than read them to each other: I remember when my hubby used to write me love notes. I need to get him to do that again!
- Do a puzzle together: This quiet activity not only allows you time together, but will show you how well you work together.