Save time by bypassing the traditional checkout lane with the Scan & Go App!
Have waiting in line to pay for all your items at Sam’s Club? We got to try the new Scan & Go app and we loved it! Not only does it save time, for those of us mindful of budgets, the Scan & Go app also allows you to easily track spending and Instant Savings while you shop.
How to Use Scan & Go
- Simply download the Scan & Go app onto an iPhone or Android mobile phone and open the app once inside a club. I had to link my app to my membership number before I could scan anything.
- Scan the barcode of each item you wish to purchase and then place the item into the shopping cart. No barcode? Quickly look up the item with “Find an Item.”
- As you shop, you will see the running total of the items in your cart.
- Easily checkout and pay in the app. It takes all major credit cards- even American Express.
- Show the receipt from your phone to an associate on the way out. It’s that simple.
The Scan & Go App is a huge time saver, especially this time of year. We normally spent a good 15 minutes in line to check out. With the Scan & Go app, you scan your items, pay right through the app and just show you phone at the door.
Not only do we love the lack of waiting in line, we love that the app keeps track of how much you are spending. I know one of our big downfalls is buying anything that looks like a good deal, whether we really need it or not. With the app, we can keep track of our total and think twice about what we have in our cart.
Another great reason to use the app is to check the price. Sometimes I can’t figure out which tag goes with which item on the shelves. I was able to check prices on a few things today- gotta love that!
The only thing I wish they would add is a locator. I can never find a few items and would love to see where to get it right on the app.
24/7 Tech Support
- Members can connect with a Sam’s Club Tech Expert 24/7, even Christmas Day.
- Support includes free set-up and assistance on tech items purchased at Sam’s Club during Black Friday or any day of the year.
My Last Minute Gifts:
My son is 14 and has a list of mostly books and anime related clothes and toys. I was on a mission to get him something he used to ask for and we never got. I found an amazing Telescope!
I also got him a few pair of sweat pants. In the last year, he has gotten so tall and thin, he needed SMALLER sweat pants!
I made sure I got a few gifts that I can give to teachers and Yankee Swap parties. You can’t go wrong with food gifts like popcorn and coffee or chocolate!
We can never have too many Bluetooth speakers with a teen in the house. These JBL GO speakers are perfect!
A Few Other Ways to Save Time & Money at Sam’s Club
Beyond Scan & Go, a Sam’s Club membership offers numerous ways to put time back in your day and money back in your wallet this holiday season:
- Sam’s Club 5-3-1 MasterCard: The 5-3-1 MasterCard program provides members with great savings every time they shop: 5 percent cash back on gas, 3 percent on dining and travel and 1 percent on everything else.
- Club Pickup: Similar to a personal shopper, Club Pickup allows members to order thousands of items – from paper towels to fresh produce to printer ink – and have them ready for pick up at all U.S. Sam’s Club locations at no additional cost.
What is still on your Christmas List? I bet you can find it at Sam’s Club and you can save time using the new Scan & Go App!