My daughter is 19 years old and is growing up in a generation that is always connected and has headphones or earbuds in their ears. I want the healthy hearing that she has now to last her for decades, yet that may be hard to do in today’s connected world. That is, until I found Puro Sound.
Why are Volume-Limiting Headphones so important to Puro Sound Labs?
In 2014 the founder, Dave Russell, learned that his youngest daughter, Niki, had developed Noise-induced hearing loss. The doctors told them the culprit was on her head everyday on the way to school, her headphones.
For America’s youth, hearing loss is a growing epidemic. Today, one in five teens suffer from some form of hearing loss, a 31% increase since the mid-90s. The driving force of this growth is that 50% of teens and young adults age 12-35 are exposed to unsafe levels of sound from their personal music players. To put that in perspective, that amounts to roughly 1.1 billion teens and young adults worldwide.
How did Puro Sound deal with Noise- induced hearing loss?
Our approach to safe listening is unique. It starts with a simple formula.
- Block out 82% of the background noise Our design is fully passive and yet is able to knock out background (ambient) noise on a level that is comparable to some of best active noise cancelling headphones on the market)
- Limit volume to 85 dB This is the maximum safe listening level as recommended by many organizations (Hearing Health Foundation, OSHA, World Health Organization, American Speech Pathology Association, etc.).
- Studio Grade Audio quality with our patent-pending Puro Balanced Response® curve. Genuine studio grade audio, engineered to deliver an amazing listening experience with clear, crisp vocals and full, dynamic bass all within 85 dB volume limit.
As a child of the 80’s myself, I am a victim to partial hearing loss in now in my mid-forties. My doctor contributes this to listening too and attending many concerts in my youth. I want better for my daughter and her future.
My daughter loves these headphones and says that they actually sound clearer than ones she previously used that came with her phone.
My daughter loves the earbuds even more than the over-the-ear headphones. The IEM200 headphones have made an impact in schools nationwide – helping teachers and administrators stress the importance of listening responsibly. Added bonus is they are priced more reasonably than their competitors on the market.
Features of the earbuds include:
- Volume limiting ear protection at 85 dB max
- Hands-free microphone and Pause/Play setting controller
- Various size ear tips to find best comfort and sound isolation
- 3.5 mm plug for connecting to your audio devices
What did you learn about Sound Intensity and Hearing Loss? Let us know in the comments below!
Be sure to follow Puro Sound Labs on Social Media:
Remember to check out this and other amazing products for moms, dads, kids, pets and more in the Mom Does Reviews 2016 Christmas Gift Guide.