Serving up Better Media for Kids!
Media is increasingly everywhere…especially in front of our children. Instead of just filtering out bad content, it’s time to drive positive content to them -thoughtfully and easily.
SmartFeed’s Mission: To drive a massive, positive impact on the next generation’s frame of mind by giving parents a tool to take back their share of voice by better managing their kids’ digital media and technology
What is SmartFeed?
An easy-to-use platform that empowers parents to source inspiring, engaging media … that also appeals to kids.
- Build customized kids’ playlist full of movies, TV shows, apps and books
- Get expert reviews all in place
- Filter by source – Netflix, Xfinity, Apple and more
- Share good titles and playlists with one another
- Grab expert lists quickly to make good media – easy.
How SmartFeed Works:
- Set-Up: Customize your child’s profile. Choose interests, academics and character traits.
- Customize Playlists: Get personalized recommendations. Make playlists based on kids’ topics or situations like family movie night.
- Screen Time: When it’s screen time, check your kid’s SmartFeed or peruse another playlist.
We have loved SmartFeed before it even was fully funded. Check out our Kickstarter post here.
SmartFeed suggests that there is more to moderating your children online than just being a filter for the bad. They want you to know that the internet is full of good too! You can now use SmartFeed to harness the good things you want your children to see; because we want our children to learn from the internet too (there is so much to learn out there!).
Rather than taking away devices or “filtering out the bad stuff,” now you can deliver the good stuff– across all content formats and device types, with preferences set by child, media and device. SmartFeed fetches all content matching your personal settings and delivers it to you in a trusted, easy-to-use family packet.
Children are consuming an average of nine hours of digital media a day! That is nine hours of opportunity for your child to learn music, English, a foreign language, History – SO MUCH! SmartFeed is going to help you with “filtering out bad” and “driving more good” content & technology into your lives.
There is a plethora of healthy, inspiring, engaging kids’ digital media out there – now – and being created daily. It’s simply hard for families to find, frustrating to load and blind for parents to see / track.
- Most parents want the best mind-shaping influence possible for their kids
- Enabling parents to chase better content by making it easy for them to find and spend on inspiring media will drive better media options for our kids.
- The intersection of big data science, ambient learning s/w and responsive web/mobile apps creates ideal conditions for a sea change in parent behavior.
As parents: It’s time to shift our digital media & technology philosophy from “filter” to “firehose”. SmartFeed aims to give parents an easy, convenient tool to simply outshout the disappointing stuff, by filling the pipes with credible, compelling good stuff.
Follow SmartFeed on social media to keep up with the newest media!
Go to SmartFeed here to learn more!
What kind of playlists would you make for your kids? Let us know in the comments below.