Make a Cell Phone Case!
By Richela Fabian Morgan
Materials: fuchsia and multi-colored chevron duct tape, bubble wrap, cell phone
Tools: self-healing cutting mat, ruler, scissors, ball point pen, pencil
1. Cut 2 rectangles from the bubble wrap that are 1/2 wider than your phone.
2. Trim down the height of the bubble wrap rectangles to 1″ shorter than height of your cell phone.
3. Fold strips of fuchsia duct tape over the top edges of the bubble wrap rectangles. Trim down the left and right edges.
4. Place one rectangle on top of the other and line up the edges. Starting from the top edge, horizontally place 10″ strips of fuchsia duct tape on the bubble wrap rectangles, overlapping the strips along the long edges by approximately 1/8″. Flip over the bubble wrap rectangles. Fold the left and right edges of the strips over the rectangles, creating a pocket.
5. Horizontally place a strip of fuchsia tape halfway along the bottom edge of the pocket. Fold the strip under the pocket to close up the bottom.
6. Draw 8 flower petals on the parchment paper.
7. Cover drawn petals with chevron duct tape.
8. Flip the parchment paper so the drawn petals are visible. Using a pair of well-oiled scissors, cut out the petals.
9. Move around the cut petals on the cell phone case until you find an acceptable position.
10. One by one, remove the parchment paper on the back of each petal and adhere it onto the cell phone case.
Richela Fabian Morgan began her duct tape odyssey 8 years ago with a simple bi-fold wallet, before writing the best-selling crafting books Tape It & Make It, Tape It & Make More, and Tape It & Wear It. She is an indie crafter specializing in paper, adhesives, and found materials. Her newest duct tape crafting book, Duct Tape Bags, is available nationwide. For more information, please visit,www.RichelaFabianMorgan.com and connect with her on Facebook, www.facebook.com/CraftyRichela
For more fun duct tape projects, make sure to check out Fabian Morgan’s YouTube Channel,www.youtube.com/user/