Organizing the closet is one of the most dreadful household chores for many adults to accomplish. It is the easiest space to become cluttered and the hardest area to de-clutter. Consider these following methods of keeping your closet space organized:
- When deciding where to store things, place your most used items on a level where you will be able to see them. This makes the objects and clothing you frequently need easily accessible. Also, consider keeping the items you don’t use as much on the bottom so they won’t be in the way, but still accessible. The least used items should remain at the very top level of your closet.
- Consider implementing different devices of storage. For instance, keep your folded items in drawers, use hangers for more formal wear, etc. Check your local supermarket to learn about the different devices that are used for storage in homes. Many households are fond of using vacuum storage bags for lesser used items, such as clothing that is out of season.
- If you find yourself with medium-sized miscellaneous items in your closet, umbrella stands can help you clear them out of your way. These stands are very convenient to hold items like yoga mats, old wrapping paper, and things that can stand vertically on their own.
- Shoes are easily lost and may often end up virtually anywhere in the house. Numerous households combat this issue by using shoe organizers to keep each shoe with their respective partner. Shoe organizers can be stored under the bed, on the closet door, or on the floor. They help to not only keep the closet organized, but also helps save time by not having to find a pair of shoes for work or school.
- SimplySS Closet Organization Ideas recommends that, while organizing your clothing, try to separate your wardrobe by color. This also helps the searching process in your closet become much easier.
- Storage bins and baskets have become a common choice for storing loose items, such as ties, purse items, and clothing accessories. The use of storage baskets is fantastic for reducing the amount of mess in a closet, however, they also come with a unique advantage. These baskets are terrific decorative items as they often are made with different colors and designs
- When outlining how to organize your closet, consider ordering your storage mechanisms vertically. Making use of vertical shelves maximizes your storing capacity. The vertical alignment in shelves increases the amount of space available to store more closet items.
- An alternative to using drawers for storing folded clothes is to use stackable laundry baskets. These baskets are small enough to be compact, yet large enough to store a significant amount of clothing. They can be extremely advantageous as they can be easily used for transporting and sorting laundry.
- To create extra space to hang your belongings, consider building hooks inside of your closet. If you have a large wardrobe, you may run out of space on the clothing rack to comfortably hang up clothes. With hooks, this problem can be eliminated. You can also use these hooks to hang items such as belts or ties. In the winter, you can use closet hooks to separate your coats and jackets from your blouses, shirts, pants, and formal wear.
- Having lights in your closet can be a big help to you when you find yourself needing to look extensively for certain items. Being able to see in your closet will make it easier to search for things, which also eliminates the potential to make mess.
It is important that your closet space is organized so that the space can best serve you when you need it. Following the tips above will help you save time and effort when looking for your items.