With the new school year fast approaching, now is the time you and your family need to start planning your fall schedule. At the top of your discussion list should be the afternoon commute. It is important to know how you will pickup your children from school and get them to their afternoon activities timely. You don’t want your children to miss an opportunity to further their interests simply because you may have a conflicting schedule. When one child wants to learn ballet, while the other has robotics — you can make it work! Consider carpooling!
7 Reasons Parents Should Agree to Carpool
Before you scoff at the idea of carpooling, consider how much it will save your family in time, money, and auto maintenance! Carpooling, not only, benefits your family, but also your community. Carpooling can…
- Lesson the wear and tear on your vehicle.
- Save on your gasoline bill.
- Provide participating parents with more flexibility in their schedule.
- Reduce pollution due to auto emissions.
- Reduce the traffic near the school, making it safer for other students.
- Allow you to use the carpool only lane at school to make pickups even faster!
- Gives children the opportunity to be acquainted outside of a school or social activities.
Beyond the obvious benefits just for you, can you imagine how much easier afternoon pickup would be if just 25% of the car riders in your child’s school carpooled? The reduced traffic would make the entire area safer for students, less stressful, and quicker for everyone! Another bonus: teachers who “work” the area would be able to go home (or head back to their classrooms) earlier too!
With all of these important benefits, why wouldn’t you carpool?
Have you participated in a carpool before?
Tell us how your carpool was successful and
give our readers your best tips in the comments below.